Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Turd Furguson
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I wasn't gonna tip my hand til I got the stuff, but I'm gettin antsy. So here goes. I went with the Neon Chartreuse soloist body. It's getting rear control route, only one humbucker route, it will have a top mount floyd with angled neck pocket and it has a countoured heel. Decided that I was compelled to go maple neck and board and scoured the in stock stuff and came across a sick ass gem of a birdseye piece with abalone dots. It's a fat 1 3/4" neck with thin profile. It's getting 6100 frets and sperzel size holes. I got it unfinished as I am going to finish it with tru oil and gunstock wax ala Music Man stuff. It will get black Sperzels. It's going to have a really old pink Duncan JBJ in it and will have a pink knob and cliplock. CTS pot and switchcraft jack. All black hardware. Still haven't nailed down OFR or Schaller. It will probably come down to which I can find cheaper. Everything is on order but the trem and trem parts and the Sperzels which I hope to get soon after the initial stuff. Here are the parts.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Nice, man. I think that will look really nice.

Sounds like you've got a fun project on your hands. Keep us updated.

·
Turd Furguson
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe there is no place in this world for a reverse Strat headstock. They just look retarded.

·
Turd Furguson
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well it's hard to argue with Richie, but it still looks goofy. I much prefer his banana headstocked Kramer Jersey Star.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts