Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just uploaded to Youtube, so it might still be processing..

What the hell is this that I'm playing? :lol: It's my generic jazz-noodle that Ben showed me ages ago. Whatever it actually is I'm probably bastardizing the hell out of, but I'd like to know what song it is so that I can play it the correct way.

Pardon the sloppy picking, as it's early and I have a hangover. :lol:

·
Ra / ESP
48 Posts
ohhh shit! ha I remember that!!! i can't remember the guy who wrote it or the name of the tune though!!! haha. sounds good chris, you've got it close!! I haven't played that in probably a decade...it was a piece i had to learn in music school, by a guy that you've most likely never heard of...i hadn't. still can't remember the dudes name..doh!

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:lol: Thanks dude! :D If you ever do remember, I'd really like to learn the rest of it. It makes me feel all jazzy and sophisticated. Pass the cognac!

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
I got so fucking sick and drunk on cognac a few months back. :lol: Felt like Kanye West, swilling that shit.

As to the piece... it sounds familiar, kinda, but I'm stumped.

·
Banned
2,695 Posts
It kinda sounds like a mutated Count Basie thing, but I can't be sure. I'm pretty sure the meter has been mutated, and the bassline "modernized" with some different inversions.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It kinda sounds like a mutated Count Basie thing, but I can't be sure. I'm pretty sure the meter has been mutated, and the bassline "modernized" with some different inversions.
No doubt at all that the meter is "however I feel like playing it at the moment". I can tab it out (or just make a video and fuck tabs) if you want to fiddle with it.

·
It's not lupus.
1,689 Posts
No doubt at all that the meter is "however I feel like playing it at the moment". I can tab it out (or just make a video and fuck tabs) if you want to fiddle with it.
I'd be interested in learning it, so please do :yesway:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts