1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I play guitar because I thought Nikki Sixx was the coolest motherfucker on the planet as a kid. True story.

I still do. :lol:

The first time I saw Jimmy Page, I said "Man, I hope I never sound that sloppy". :lol:

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I play guitar because I thought Nikki Sixx was the coolest motherfucker on the planet as a kid. True story.

I still do. :lol:

The first time I saw Jimmy Page, I said "Man, I hope I never sound that sloppy". :lol:
Shit dude, I was a kid, so I didn't know shit anything about technique. All I knew was that ROCKED! That was pure rock n roll. Fuck Kiss...to me, Zep was larger than life.

Of course, my 1st major guitar playing influence came shortly after in the form of Van Halen & that's what I cut my teeth on. DLR-era VH could do no wrong.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Shit dude, I was a kid, so I didn't know shit anything about technique. All I knew was that ROCKED! That was pure rock n roll. Fuck Kiss...to me, Zep was larger than life.

Of course, my 1st major guitar playing influence came shortly after in the form of Van Halen & that's what I cut my teeth on. DLR-era VH could do no wrong.
:shrug: Zep never did anything for me. Sounded shitty then, sound shitty now. Then again, I like King Diamond (and did as a kid) so take it for what it's worth. :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Hard to say since music was such a big part of my family. My mother was a country singer and my grandfather was a hell of a guitar player. We had 2 pianos in the house at all times and a slew of guitars and other various instruments. Most people raise families with high hopes of their children becoming doctors or lawyers, etc. My parents really pushed us to become musicians. :nuts: :lol:

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:shrug: Zep never did anything for me. Sounded shitty then, sound shitty now. Then again, I like King Diamond (and did as a kid) so take it for what it's worth. :lol:
I was raised in a household with parents of the 70s generation, so classic rock was a huge part of my upbringing. Of course, my tastes get heavier & heavier once I hit Junior High. :kd:

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Randy said:
This.

Occasionally I still learn korn songs. It's never hard because there's only like 3 riffs :lol:

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
You actually google image'd Robert Plant to see if you could find pictures that best highlighted his, uh, assets?

:lol:
I Googled said pictures because I knew he was famous for said frontal profile shots. I found a pile of reasonably-sized :)lol:) ones at one site and posted them.

If you think that's creepy, watch the Led Zeppelin DVD sometime for all of the shots where they practically zoom in on his junk. :lol:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts