Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was thinking of grabbing a head somewhere down the line to run in addition to my Axe, but I'd like it to be midi so I can set it all up to switch at the same time in a live situation, as in starting up a couple of projects and aspire to be playing out maybe 6~ months down the line, when I'd have money saved for a head.

I *think* recto's are but idk for sure. It'd be awesome to get a road king(or whatever model Matt c has) I know the 5153 is, but if I'm getting a 5150 variant id have a strong preference to something with a resonance control.

I'd be comfortable spending up to, but not limited to $1,200. If it's something obscenely awesome like a roadking, then I'd stretch my budget. It's a while down the line so I could decide now, and save till then.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/advice :yesway:

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Egnater Armageddon/Vengeance
Diezel D-moll/Hagen/Herbert/VH4
Marshall JVM/6100
Engl Savage/Invader/Powerball
Blackstar Series One

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Wirelessly posted

"I just bought the best modeler available, what amp should I buy?"

I vote get more use out of the amps you already own.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Framus Dragon :smoking:
Only twats play those amps. :noway:

***, you may literally be the most helpful person on earth. :yesway:

And thanks for your suggestions, guys! I'll check them out.

Wirelessly posted

"I just bought the best modeler available, what amp should I buy?"

I vote get more use out of the amps you already own.
Dude, I get plenty use of the Axe. Like 3-4 hours daily use. Like 90% of axe users have tube amps too, especially on this site, so, what's wrong with that?

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
5153 50w
Randall V2 & T2, Randall 667
Carvin Legacy 3
Hughes & Kettner amps (Switchblade, Coreblade, Grandmeister, etc)
maybe some ENGLs?
Marshall JVM series

but yeah that RJM gizmo will workout with most any amp I reckon

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
The 5150III has a resonance control.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Wirelessly posted

I just find it interesting that you have this great piece of equipment but already look to add to it. I feel like that unit should do enough where spending $1200 on another amp is redundant.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
The 5150III has a resonance control.
http://www.gearhounds.com/productimages/evh/evh-5150-iii-head-blk-xlg.jpg

Unless it's on the back, it doesn't.

Wirelessly posted

I just find it interesting that you have this great piece of equipment but already look to add to it. I feel like that unit should do enough where spending $1200 on another amp is redundant.
Dude, everyone I personally know with an axe owns tube head(s), in addition to the axe. The guitarist in my last band had a $3500~ diamond head using the 4CM with his axe. I'll admit that i'll never use the axe to it's full potential, but, not everyone does. another reason is that the Axe's amplified sound is a little dryer/colder than that of a tube amp. :shrug:

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
:lol:

Wirelessly posted

You're always so practical, man. :)

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted

I have a TriAxis rig, a Stiletto rig, a DC-10 rig, and kind of a 6505+ rig. And a bass rig.

So what. :lol:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts