Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Which covers?

• Black Battleworn

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Black Satin

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Noodles, if he's short enough to fit the pickup cavity.

Votes: 4 21.1%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for some opinions on pickup covers, I'm torn between 3 choices and would like some other opinions.

Here's the finish I'm going after:

And the choices for the covers are:

Black Battleworn

Black Satin

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Black.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I voted satin black (battleworn FTL in this application), but does anyone else see potential for aged nickel?
I've looked at those but I'm not feeling them with this finish at all, if I went with a natural finish then I'd go for those.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Satin all the way. That guitar's way too classy for the fake-relic look.
that is true, was also thinking it would look like a metal tank with the battleworn so I kinda got torn between the 2 but yeah the black satin seems to be the clear winner so far.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
that is true, was also thinking it would look like a metal tank with the battleworn so I kinda got torn between the 2 but yeah the black satin seems to be the clear winner so far.
If you ditched the black burst you could totally go with the battleworn finish. I think it's just too many textures.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you ditched the black burst you could totally go with the battleworn finish. I think it's just too many textures.
and if I did that, it would be a close copy of Misha's BRJ which is not what I'm trying to do.

·
Turd Furguson
1,847 Posts
Definately satin in that guitar. I love the battleworn black, but not in there. I also think the brushed nickel would be cool, but only with nickel hardware.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Given that BKP still seems to have some issues with the durability of their black satin, i'd be more inclined to go with open coils if you want black.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Given that BKP still seems to have some issues with the durability of their black satin, i'd be more inclined to go with open coils if you want black.
I did not know of this, whats the problem they are having?

·
Turd Furguson
1,847 Posts
I have seen the paint chip off of some. However I had a satin black Holy Diver in my Horus for over a year and it still looked brand new. I think the problem is more due to people messing up the finish during installation or just abusing them. I know for a fact Tim would fix them if they were defective. I also had a battle worn black one in my other Horus for even longer and it never got any worse than the relic'ing that BKP did to it initially.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts