Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Ibby showed up today and this is in the neck. Pretty sure it's not stock, but it sounds pretty damn good.

I've never seen that logo before, not that I can recall anyway. Disclaimer: I'm old and sometimes I forget pants.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe I should have titled the thread "Randy will never guess what kind of pickup this is". :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How in the hell did you internet sleuth all of that out, btw? :lol:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I figured that quite often classified ads are still online a long time after the sale and remembered from the other thread that it was from Ishibashi. So I googled RG2120X+Ishibashi and that link was the 4th result that showed up. Then Google Translate helped figure out what was going on.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:lol: That is some Sherlock Holmes level investigation. Randy will be proud of you when he sees this thread.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Looks like this: https://www.soundhouse.co.jp/en/products/detail/item/165135/

and if this is the guitar you bought https://www.ishibashi.co.jp/ec/product/2303155200140/

then

"The pickup has been replaced with one made by Killer Guitars, with LQ-500 on the front and Dyna-Bite on the rear."
And as a note for Chris, the Soundhouse page specifically says "This is the pickup developed by Akira Takasaki of Loudness. It has good response, restrained distortion, and normal output." I'm guessing that the "restrained distortion" part means it's a mid-to-low output pickup (kinda weird how they mention both the distortion AND the output. I can't recall ever seeing a Japanese pickup description written like this).

I'll also note that in Japanese, "front" is the neck pickup and "rear" is the bridge pickup. I think I've seen a few UK people use the same kind of phrasing before, but I don't think I've ever seen "front" and "rear" used in American English (so maybe Japanese got that phrasing from the Brits? :scratch:).

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Loudness? Hell yeah! That means I can price gouge Donnie on it if I decide to sell it.

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Super impressed. My google sleuthing stopped at "Guitar pickups KG" :lol:
After Chris posted this I literally scratched my head for an hour thinking that something about that was SO familiar. The when it was said that they were Killer Guitars brand pickups... I have 2 Killers here within arms reach. :lol: Neither have those pickups but the font should have been a dead give away for me. :facepalm:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I figure Loudness has maybe 3 fans in America that still listen to them regularly. Me, you and that dude Teebes that used to post here. :lol:

SHAAAAADOWS AWF WAAAAAARRRR

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
I figure Loudness has maybe 3 fans in America that still listen to them regularly. Me, you and that dude Teebes that used to post here. :lol:

SHAAAAADOWS AWF WAAAAAARRRR
:lol: This is probably true.
Super bummed I missed them when they played here a few years ago. Found out the day of the show but being old and lazy I couldn't bring myself to go up to Seattle and hang out in a smelly club in a crappy part of town. I probably should have gone, though.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts