Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So, I have this guitar, and It has no bridge, pickups, or pickguard. I need to decide how i'm going to go about putting it back together. It did have a Fernandes Sustainer in the neck, which was EMG sized, but that's gone. I was thinking of replacing it with a 7 string sustainiac, which is regular sized, but they only come in Black, and I want a White pickup scheme like before.

I was thinking of checking with sustainiac to see if they'll do a one off white 7 string, but i'm expecting a no for that. Plus, the circuit board and controls might not work with the current layout.

I could also pay a crap-ton for a 2027 bridge and go piezo, but I might not have enough holes for that. :lol:

Or I can plug them with dummy switches, or phase switches and shit that i'll never use.

I'm sure as hell not getting a new body made, seeing as i'd like to put this back together before i'm 30 years old. :lol:

Ideas?

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I'm going to completely ignore your question and simply tell you that's sweet as hell.

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You could maybe have a thin top laminated on to that, so you wouldn't need a pickguard or to fill all those holes in the front.
That's a good idea actually. Though, I'd still get a pickguard anyway since the original intent was to copy this guitar.

Also, i'm not overly happy with how Woods kinda gave up half way through staining the body (It doesn't look as good as the pictures in person) before he shipped it to me..

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Get some killswitches, and don't you dare post any more pics without flipping them left to right.

I don't make jokes about the Great Left-Handed Holocaust of 1866, you don't wave it in our faces, yeah?
1) Lick my nuts

2) I wouldn't really get much use out of killswitches, but if it comes down to it, i'd plug them with something like that and just never touch them.

3) While you're down there licking my nuts, take some time out to gargle them for a bit.

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bump, since I'm now in the process of getting all the parts I need to put this fucker back together.

I was thinking of checking with sustainiac to see if they'll do a one off white 7 string, but i'm expecting a no for that. Plus, the circuit board and controls might not work with the current layout.
Hello, Scott

Thanks for your interest in the Sustainiac products. A white driver would involve a run of thousands of parts using white plastic. The cost of a run is several thousand dollars, even though we own the plastic molding tool. It is a major setup for the factory that does the injection molding for the parts. My suggestion would be to consider using paint. Sorry.

Alan Hoover
Maniac Music Inc.
3937 Cranbrook Drive
Indianapolis IN 46240 USA
317-340-1161
Sustainiac Home Page
Crap. :lol: There goes that idea.

I could also pay a crap-ton for a 2027 bridge and go piezo, but I might not have enough holes for that. :lol:
This is also out, as Rich Harris just sold the only bridge he had in stock.

Or I can plug them with dummy switches, or phase switches and shit that i'll never use.
This is looking to be my only option as of right now, unless I want to paint a sustainiac (I don't. Not myself at least) or get a veneer made for the guitar. (Don't even know where to go for that)

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Why not slap some Bobbin Topper vinyl on the Sustainiac?
I don't want it to look half assed, and in my experience, bobbin topper stickers look pretty bad. There's also the fact that sustainiacs look like this...

...as oppose to standard 7 pole pickups. Even if they did look like standard pickups, and there were bobbin toppers out there that fit, I still probably wouldn't do that.

I also didn't like the plastic bobbin toppers that I had on my old RG1570L. From afar, it may not look too bad, but I couldn't stand looking down at them.

Again, one of my alltime favorite guitars of the SS/MG years. Great looking guitar dude, very glad to see it coming back together. :wub:
Thanks again. There are a few things I don't like, mainly the crappy looking hardware, chrome nut, and such, so i'm hoping to have it look better than ever once i'm done with it.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Throw a flamed maple laminate top on it and be done with it, dude. :agreed:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts