Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Spoooon!!
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has decided he wanted to buy a Titan bridge for a cheap Ibanez a friend gave him. But he doesn't know what to put in the middle or neck, where they are single coil.

Any ideas?

·
Spoooon!!
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would assume hum canceling. I had originally suggested him the Air Norton S, but I am clearly not as well versed in this as you folks are.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
I would do Air Norton S neck and chopper or cruiser mid for hum canceling or for more of a single tone then I would do an area 67 for both positions.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Something hot, with a high output (I assume?) bridge pickup. The Heavy Blues I think would pair well with a 'bucker - other than that the Fast Track 1 is pretty good. The Areas are GREAT, but would struggle balancing with a hoty humbucker, unless you wanted to have the guitar clean up a little when you switched.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
The titan is surprisingly low output so I dont think it would be to hard to get something balanced.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
I've got a pair of Titans in the bridge and neck of my s970. In the middle I opted for a true velvet. I really like that one in there.

If I had an hss or hs configuration I'd have probably gone with an Air Norton S in the neck.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
The titan is surprisingly low output so I dont think it would be to hard to get something balanced.
That IS surprising. Good to know!

In thatr case, I'll second the Area 67 recommendation, or perhaps a 67 in the neck and a 61 in the middle, for a little more of a SRV vibe in that position.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts