Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spent like the last 20 fucking minutes trying to figure this out. Right now I have a riff that goes like:

Thirty-seven 32nd notes followed by a single half note.

I need to know the time signature so I can tab this out in guitar pro.

Any help is appreciated. :wub:

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that's what I got but Gp6 won't let me put that all in one time signature :(

I've split it into 4/4 + 21/32 which works but I guess there's no way to put the whole riff into one bar. Thanks Naren!

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Is there a restriction on the left side of the equation?

My band has a song where a riff is 7/8 + 4/4 and that's exactly how I programmed it because it's easier to think of that way. My drummer made a really annoying beat that's 4/4 + 5/8 + 3/4 + 5/4, but I haven't programmed it since it isn't in any of our songs yet, although he was like "Let's use this beat!"

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
HD costs money, so probably no more HD until... sometime we deem it "necessary" (meaning "when we feel like it" ;))... We'll probably be able to put a song or two online from one of our April shows, but not in HD.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
No, no, no. Those were the normal videos.

Take a look at the HD video again. There are like 5 different angles, dude (i.e. 5 different camers). One girl could not have filmed that. Plus the audio is taken from the mixer, the video was edited and mixed. Not something you could get for free.

The HD video cost money. The "normal" videos were free.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
:lol: Obviously we want to, but it costs money and it would be expensive as fuck to record an entire show in HD. We will have someone record our show on the 16th, but only one camera and in standard definition. The audio should be pretty good.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

HD :(

·
Read Only
10 Posts
No, no, no. Those were the normal videos.

Take a look at the HD video again. There are like 5 different angles, dude (i.e. 5 different camers). One girl could not have filmed that. Plus the audio is taken from the mixer, the video was edited and mixed. Not something you could get for free.

The HD video cost money. The "normal" videos were free.
This chick could, with a helmet-***.

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
This chick could, with a helmet-***.
I suspect she'd be too busy flaying fools - yourself included for daring to ask mighty Shiva a question during high flaying season.

As for the time signature, you're best to go with one of the subdivided groups previously mentioned. It's hard as fuck to read 53/32, particularly since there's no implicit rhythmic groupings contained in such a non-standard time signature.

·
Banned
19 Posts
It's easier to do the math for time signatures if you use the ceiling of Semi-Quavers. I've had plenty of beats that approached demi-semi or even hemi-demi-semi before but it just get's confusing expecially trying to write 4 tails on a crochet!

Remember that a demi-semi-quaver (1/32nd) at 100bpm is the same as a semi-quaver (1/16th) at 200bpm. Based on that, I'd write 37 semi-quavers followed by a crochet at double the tempo. Which is 37/16 + 16/16 = 53/16, or 4/4 - 4/4 - 4/4 - 5/16

G.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts