Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I know... Oh look another Kid prodigy kinda videos, still impressive me thinks:

·
Registered
149 Posts
At 9-10 I was mostly playing 'tag' or 'cowboys and Indians' tbh. Guitar came much, much later for me.

·
Read Only
3 Posts
I started playing guitar at 8. So at 9-10, I was probably playing "Skip to My Lou" or something like that.

·
Los Cochinos
994 Posts
I was playing piano, 9-10 is when I first started getting into metal though but it'd be a couple years before I started playing guitar and then it was just shit out of that damn Mel Bay book, Smoke on the Water, and Iron Man.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
I was actually playing violin at the time, too. I was first chair at my school, so I was up front. I drank a Hawaiian Punch for lunch one day, and threw up right in the middle of a song and looked over and the bass player immediately sympathy puked, too.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Hot Cross Buns and Ode to Joy on cello.

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
Chopsticks on my mother's upright grand piano until she yelled at me.. I didn't start playing guitar until I was 17.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
I was playing some dumb bullshit on the saxophone. The music I had to learn for band was super boring, so I just sat in my living room for 50 minutes a week seeing how long I could sustain a note. :lol:

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
Started aged 10. Was mostly playing Smoke On The Water, major chords and the pentatonic scale. Couldn't manage Iron Man at that stage...

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
the simplest stuff from Mott The Hoople, and Bachman Turner Overdrive. Just bad passes at the rhythm chords. I also remember playing "Midnight Rambler" a lot lol

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
I was playing Hot Wheels... didn't touch a guitar till I was 11...

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Star Fox. Didn't buy my first guitar until I was 17 and didn't start playing guitars until a little before than when I was 16.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I wasn't. :lol:

I had a 3/4 scale child's guitar that I had fun banging around on, but I literally had no clue what to do with it. It was just fun to mess with, and paradoxically that probably made me want to "really" learn how to play later on in life.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I admit at that age I was probably busy playing on Door Bells on every Buildings and all floors that I passed and then run as fast as I could so I didnt get caught :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts