Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of picking up something simple like a jet city jca20h or whatever the hell the current version is, or whatever the similar egnater is. I remember the HT5 being pretty kicking too. As much as I want to spring on a JP2C that shit is not happening right now. I know the minimarks are great, but thats more than I want to drop. I have a hotplate as well. Just looking for something that takes pedals well, and ideally could take 4cm if I picked up a modeler.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
6505MH. Seriously, don't look at anything else, unless you're ready to drop four digits on it.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
I'll never pass up an opportunity to masturbate furiously over the jet city stuff. The new version (the custom or whatever it's called) has a loop that works with normal pedals, but it also has a clean channel instead of the crunch channel that the original 22h has, which, depending on what you're looking for could be a good thing or a bad thing.

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
The newer 6505MH probably. The Randall Diavlo series also takes pedals pretty well and has a surprising clean if you want it. Might look at the Laney Ironheart 15.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, so is the 6505MH better than an oldschool 6505/5150 at things besiiiides CHUGGACHUGGARIFFRIFF? I'd like a better than "technically acceptable" clean tone :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Whats wrong with 5150 clean tone? Everybody hates it.
It feels like one of this things that "everybody says" as a standard phrase like "EMG is sterile" or similar.

I had a 5150 and I heard nothing wrong with the clean tone. Whats up with that?

This sounds great to me, what are you guys on about?
That's the 5150III, which is not the same amp as the 5150/6505 or 5150II/6505+.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I actually really enjoyed the clean channel of the 5150III 50w.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I have a JCA22h I'd sell you cheap as I'm not using it :yesway:

·
Parental Advisory
288 Posts
There's also the PRS MT 15, when it's actually available. I'm waiting for that myself, since I prefer MESA style amps to 5150s (yes, I know, heresy).

·
Read Only
1,264 Posts
I'll never pass up an opportunity to masturbate furiously over the jet city stuff. The new version (the custom or whatever it's called) has a loop that works with normal pedals, but it also has a clean channel instead of the crunch channel that the original 22h has, which, depending on what you're looking for could be a good thing or a bad thing.
I have a mini mark and I still want the custom jca thingy!

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Whats wrong with 5150 clean tone? Everybody hates it.
It feels like one of this things that "everybody says" as a standard phrase like "EMG is sterile" or similar.

I had a 5150 and I heard nothing wrong with the clean tone. Whats up with that?
Some people just don't know how to dial them in, I suppose. A buddy of mine had an old 5150, and said the same thing. I spent 10 minutes with the amp, and he really liked the cleans I dialed in.

So... I dunno? :lol:

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Lots of good suggestions already, but I'd also recommend the Victory heads (particualry a Sheriff or Duchess if you're looking for a pedal platform) or the H&K mini heads.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts