Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on a recording hiatus but I'm getting geared up to get going again soon. However, I've since bought a new computer which of course has Windows 7 and know that I need to abandon my Digi001 and Protools 6.4 software as I think it's obsolete with the Windows 7 OS. I did a Google search and read that some people are using an 002 /Protools 8.1 with Windows 7 and it seems to be somewhat compatible. Does anyone have anything they can offer with this? Should I just get a copy of Windows XP and same myself the trouble?

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts

·
Read Only
3 Posts
The new version of ProTools is the last one to support XP. It also does not support Win7 for HD. I don't know if it supports LE on Win7 or not.

·
18,790 Posts
The new version of ProTools is the last one to support XP. It also does not support Win7 for HD. I don't know if it supports LE on Win7 or not.
The current one, or the one being released with the new HD hardware?

Edit: nevermind, just looked it up, you're right. 8.1's the newest version and it's not up to Windows 7 yet, I guess. Could have sworn I read something about an update for 7.

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So basically I'm fucked without Windows XP... :noway:

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, they say that Pro Tools HD 8.1 works on Windows 7, it's just not officially supported yet (they're calling it an open beta). Not sure about LE.
I'll be running LE for sure. It seems odd to me that Avid is not further along with this compatibility issue or am I the only idiot still using Windows?? :roll2:

·
18,790 Posts
I'll be running LE for sure. It seems odd to me that Avid is not further along with this compatibility issue or am I the only idiot still using Windows?? :roll2:
Partly it's that a majority of Pro Tools users (especially HD, whom they care about more than the LE users) are Mac users.

Mostly, it's because it's Digidesign/Avid, and since when do they stay current to what the users want? :lol: They still don't have a quick bounce option. Seriously.

·
Read Only
3 Posts
If you read the forums, you'll see that you're not the only idiot. They are quite far behind, and they know it. They just haven't figured out how to make it work!

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Off topic:

I've been on a recording hiatus but I'm getting geared up to get going again soon.
Yay! Me too!

The Reaper suggestion isn't a bad one - I love it, but if you're very at home in Pro Tools... :shrug:

·
should really be working.
366 Posts
Didn't want to start a debate. Just a suggestion. Might as well try it if PT won't work for a few months. I'm a Pro Tools fan. But Reaper's cool, and free! (sort of)

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Reaper suggestion is good and maybe I'll look into that or I just may get another computer with Windows XP and forget about all of this. My Digi001 and ProTools 6.4 suit me fine and hate to part ways with it. I could pick up an 002 and some point later down the road when Avid gets their shit together with Windows 7.

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 23 Posts