Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if i can just go down to publix and make a special food order for some Kobe beef? and whats would the cost per pound be?

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
There's no possible way you're getting Kobe, much less Wagyu, or even any form of American prime beef, at Publix.

Some places have priced authentic Kobe out to be $100 per oz.

You're best bet is to try to find a restaurant near you that can get it.

You could go here and try the "American Wagyu", which might be the closest thing to it you'll get.

Welcome to Barton G - The Restaurant

I've been there before, and it is an amazing restaurant, and an amazing experience. Depending on where you are in FTL, it's probably a good 30 to 45 minute drive.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Does anyone know if i can just go down to publix and make a special food order for some Kobe beef? and whats would the cost per pound be?
Google says $100+ for 30Oz, whatever the fuck an ounce is.

Wagyu is cheaper, but really, whatever you do you'll come across as an anime-fetished elitist. :lol:

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
forget that, im not spending that much on food that im just going to poop out later.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
forget that, im not spending that much on food that im just going to poop out later.
I hear ya, but go down to Barton G's and have one amazing dinner one night. Take a really nice lady friend with you.

There's a very good chance that you'll

A: Run into someone famous

B: Get laid

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if thats anyhwere near ftlauderdale ill check it out and take my underage gf. But because of that option B will happen if i decided to take her to mcdonalds =)

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow the website looks nice and expensive. well something to add to my to do list.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
if thats anyhwere near ftlauderdale ill check it out and take my underage gf. But because of that option B will happen if i decided to take her to mcdonalds =)
It's about a 30 minute drive from Hollywood, FL. I used to have a condo down there, and that's about how long it takes. If you head down Collins Ave towards South Beach, hang a right and go 5th St. Right before you go over the bridge into downtown Miami. Go up (Alton, I think) and it's up a couple of blocks on the right. Kinda hard to miss, but very hard to forget.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
wow the website looks nice and expensive. well something to add to my to do list.
It's the only place I've been that had a milkshake on the dessert list for $20.

Plus I'm sure you'll run into Kim Kardashian and her sisters there.

This was probably one of the coolest parts about it: Their presentation.

I won't give too much away, but we ordered the "Zen Tuna Trio" one time, and it is seared tuna that comes out on a plate with like a Japanese Feng Shui theme to it with a little bonsai tree and a waterfall, but the waterfall is spilling over with... soy sauce! So I guess it's a soy fall, and you get to dip your tuna in it. Just watch out for the tree.

I may have just given too much away...

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so pretty much im going to have to go loaded with cash. i dont trust restaurants with my card

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
I would trust them with your card.

Honestly, you can go there and get away with a pretty decent tab.

My girlfriend just said, "Go there, it's fucking amazing" because I told her I was talking about Barton G's. It's pretty much one of the coolest dining experiences we've ever had, and we're foodies.

Okay, she wants to write something (well, me typing, her saying):

jaxadam's girlfriend...
Go get the *burp* swordfish skewer, um, it's swordfish and asssssorted vegetables on GRILLED on hhmmhhhmm lol hmmhmmm a nice sword! A real sword! Amazing! he heh heh. No, you make me sound like an idiot! I don't sound like thatjbfv gvuyh.jgrtxm 5rkmd ze58 .

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thats what my gf sounds like too. when i told her we were going to the melting pot last month it was all "asdf98uf.asdf987 asd.fghijt. asf.fohj03pf9!!!!!!!" ill check it out maybe in november cuz im doing miami music festival this year and its supposed to pay this year also.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
ill check it out maybe in november cuz im doing miami music festival this year and its supposed to pay this year also.
I expect to hear a full report with many details.

You'll love it. Go get you some Kobe.

P.S. That letter string at the end was her hitting the keyboard telling me that I'm a dick and not to type that stuff. I was just trying to type her verbatim.

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
if i do go, ill post pics. cuz the closer i get to finishing at sae the less time i have(gotta get 200 studio hours in the next 17 weeks)

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Wagyu is cheaper, but really, whatever you do you'll come across as an anime-fetished elitist. :lol:
Not really - Kobe is pretty much the world standard for incredibly well marbled beef. Elitist, sure, but it has nothing to do with a Japanese fetish.

Travis - if you're really thinking of coughing up the coin for Kobe, make sure you know how to cook a steak to damned near perfection before you do so, and if you cook it much past medium rare, you're wasting your money.

Also, what the fuck do you do for a living? I thought you were a student, yet you have a thread about a home studio build with a $40k budget and now you're looking for Kobe sources. :scratch:

Anyway, this is my local source:

Savenors Market Online Store

They don't always have Kobe in stock, and they haven't yet on a day when I feel like dropping $40 on an 8oz sirloin, but it's a matter of time, I suspect.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I would trust them with your card.
Unless you can get them to hook you up if you pay cash under the table, I'd trust them with my card before I'd trust them with a wad of cash. If nothing else they know if they try to fuck you you can just contest the charges.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Not really - Kobe is pretty much the world standard for incredibly well marbled beef. Elitist, sure, but it has nothing to do with a Japanese fetish.
Underage girlfriend said to me he was like 20, and any 20 year old looking for $100 cuts of Japanese beef comes across, to me at least, as some Japanese culture-leech. :lol:

Maybe I got it wrong :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts