Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got this Dean ZXT that I picked up for $50 because I've always wanted an explorer-shape with a floyd, and this might be the only one on the market :lol:

HOWEVER, there's a crack in the neck right down at the heel, and it moves off-center when under tension... I didn't know about that issue when I bought it, probably why it was so cheap... I'm probably going to repair the neck as a temporary solution, but I just hate the Dean headstock, so a replacement is in order. It looks like the only thing I'll be able to do is find a replacement from another guitar, I'm looking for one of those bolt-on epiphone explorer necks, but so far I've turned up nothing. I assume there's a pretty small market for these, considering most 24.75s are set-neck. Is there anyone out there who will make one on the cheap? I don't need super-high quality, I'm confident enough in my luthiering abilities to improve the quality of anything I can get my hands on.

If finding a replacement from another axe is the only avenue, anyone got one they're willing to sell to me? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
EDIT: ok the Explorer GT is a no as well as this em thing Both are 25.5" scale :( the LP though is 24.75" so that could still be an option :lol:

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
Warmoth necks use Strat neck pockets, and I doubt the neck pocket on your Dean is the same shape or size. You can't even use the Warmoth necks on Charvel strats, since Charvel uses a wider neck pocket.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Might require some work though, as it's designed to fit a Strat and convert it to 24.75" scale.
I had thought about that too. but they seem dead set on NOT selling necks for anything other then fenders :lol:

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
What are they gonna do? sell bolt on necks with a gibson pocket? :lol:
:nono: you know what I mean...

But yeah I know they are "Fender Lic'd" and shit. and that they only make stuff to fit a Fender pocket and all that, that was the reason I didnt suggest them to strat with :lol::yesway:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts