Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ENGLErnieBallGraphTechBKP
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Anyone know if either of the following exists out there somewhere please?

• Rotary Switch with integrated Push/Pull Switch
  • Black Chrome (Gun Metal Grey) Concentric Knobs

I'm trying to upgrade my Guitar without need of drilling for dip switches, whilst retaining the current asthetics.

Thanks guys and gals!

Chris - Splintered Soul

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Don't think the switch you're talking about exists... Never seen one before. Knobs, no clue, Allparts doesn't carry them in that finish, didn't look much further.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Does your guitar have pickup rings? Duncan Triple Shots don't need any wiring and can work as coil tap switches or serve other purposes.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
I have a suspicion he's upgrading his 7 string, and the triple shots don't come in 7 string format.

·
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
James is semi-right, I'm actually upgrading my 8 String, but not for tapping. I'm putting in a Graph Tech Piezo system. The 3 way rotary switch would be for Mags - Blend - Piezo, and the Push/Pull would be the dark mid boost. The concentric knobs were in case I wanted to go the whole hog and stick midi in there too.

As you can imagine, I'm trying to think of ways to upgrade without drilling holes into my Guitar if possible.

·
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Two knob options:

Part number 4KB1C4K

or:

Part number 4KB1W4K
By the way, where from? I googled it, but just found 4 recerences to old Ibanez models.

You sir, are a wonderful person. Thank you!! :D

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
No idea who is local, but anyone who stocks Tama drums, Laney amps or Ibanez guitars will be able to those for you.

Bear in mind that Ibanez have no RRP for parts so the shop can add whatever surcharge to it for profit. Ask around and play them against each other, and make sure Headstock have them in stock, otherwise it'll be a couple of months wait. :)

·
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No idea who is local, but anyone who stocks Tama drums, Laney amps or Ibanez guitars will be able to those for you.

Bear in mind that Ibanez have no RRP for parts so the shop can add whatever surcharge to it for profit. Ask around and play them against each other, and make sure Headstock have them in stock, otherwise it'll be a couple of months wait. :)
You're a top man stitch. Thanks for this :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts