candyrat still puts out some amazing stuff
:rofl: :lol:Ya know, these Michael Hedges wannabes use to be entertaining as hell to watch, but it bores me to death nowadays. And now, the formula....
1. Acoustic guitar. Check.
2. Open tuning. Check.
3. Use of hammer ons, pull offs & natural harmonics deployed. Check.
4. Use of djembe/conga smacks. Check.
5. Visualize frogs fucking in the Amazon & play some slow-to-mid tempo soundscape that would fit perfectly in the next Discovery channel nature mini-series. Check.
6. Title the song something like "Waves," "Happy Little Trees of the Tuscany" or "Clouds on the Whispering Meadows."
7. Optional: Look like a new age, sensitive, "Straight A's in Science Class," bedroom guitarist guy who hasn't seen pussy in a REALLY long time....if ever.
Agreed on all levels.:lol:
To be fair, you can summarize any genre in fewer steps than that.
But yeah, i agree, theres a lot of this out there, and alot of its boring. But theres a LOT of shitheads making every kind of music. If you just said "theres a lot of people doing this, im out", you couldnt listen to any genre.
"Kicking ass" isn't exactly what I'd associate with that type of music. I visualize most showgoers sipping on coffee & saying something like "Ah, this is nice." :lol:The trick is to find the people kicking ass at it