·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dufour is a natural kickerasser too

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Ya know, these Michael Hedges wannabes use to be entertaining as hell to watch, but it bores me to death nowadays. And now, the formula....

1. Acoustic guitar. Check.
2. Open tuning. Check.
3. Use of hammer ons, pull offs & natural harmonics deployed. Check.
4. Use of djembe/conga smacks. Check.
5. Visualize frogs fucking in the Amazon & play some slow-to-mid tempo soundscape that would fit perfectly in the next Discovery channel nature mini-series. Check.
6. Title the song something like "Waves," "Happy Little Trees of the Tuscany" or "Clouds on the Whispering Meadows."
7. Optional: Look like a new age, sensitive, "Straight A's in Science Class," bedroom guitarist guy who hasn't seen pussy in a REALLY long time....if ever.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Ya know, these Michael Hedges wannabes use to be entertaining as hell to watch, but it bores me to death nowadays. And now, the formula....

1. Acoustic guitar. Check.
2. Open tuning. Check.
3. Use of hammer ons, pull offs & natural harmonics deployed. Check.
4. Use of djembe/conga smacks. Check.
5. Visualize frogs fucking in the Amazon & play some slow-to-mid tempo soundscape that would fit perfectly in the next Discovery channel nature mini-series. Check.
6. Title the song something like "Waves," "Happy Little Trees of the Tuscany" or "Clouds on the Whispering Meadows."
7. Optional: Look like a new age, sensitive, "Straight A's in Science Class," bedroom guitarist guy who hasn't seen pussy in a REALLY long time....if ever.
:rofl: :lol:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:lol:

To be fair, you can summarize any genre in fewer steps than that.

Djent: Make no sense
Buttrock: Pussy-pink cocaine, and white cocaine.

But yeah, i agree, theres a lot of this out there, and alot of its boring. But theres a LOT of shitheads making every kind of music. If you just said "theres a lot of people doing this, im out", you couldnt listen to any genre. The trick is to find the people kicking ass at it.

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
:lol:

To be fair, you can summarize any genre in fewer steps than that.

But yeah, i agree, theres a lot of this out there, and alot of its boring. But theres a LOT of shitheads making every kind of music. If you just said "theres a lot of people doing this, im out", you couldnt listen to any genre.
Agreed on all levels.

The trick is to find the people kicking ass at it
"Kicking ass" isn't exactly what I'd associate with that type of music. I visualize most showgoers sipping on coffee & saying something like "Ah, this is nice." :lol:

·
It's not lupus.
1,689 Posts
"Kicking ass" isn't exactly what I'd associate with that type of music. I visualize most showgoers sipping on coffee & saying something like "Ah, this is nice." :lol:
That's exactly what goes on at these shows, though I typically opt for tea. :lol:

·
Y R U Avoiding Me?
1,403 Posts
The thing I like about Andy is that he's more than technique. The dude knows how to write a great melody and harmony.
Two of my favs.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fine, Doing a great job at it. Better? :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts