Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Lemmy as the limo driver: :metal:

Having a couple of listens to get into it, but holy crap does this ever sound HUGE, even through my laptop speakers.

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
I still really like most of the output from this band. This is no exception. Evidently this was all recorded at daves house in his garage. though it was done on an api board. i think they are worth like 75 grand or something, but still... garage! haha :yesway:

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still really like most of the output from this band. This is no exception. Evidently this was all recorded at daves house in his garage. though it was done on an api board. i think they are worth like 75 grand or something, but still... garage! haha :yesway:
Yep, all done to 2-inch tape and mixed to half-inch 2-track as well.

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Pretty cool, Foo Fighters have always been one of my favourite bands and this is another cool song by them.

·
Wanker (reprise)
362 Posts
Big fan of the band (even though I think the last few albums have all been pretty dull with a couple of very high notes) but after two listens I'm not really feeling this. I don't like the effect on his voice or the voice he is using during the verses. Sounds a bit like the tracks I considered filler on Songs for the Deaf by QOTSA where Nick Oliveri just screams for two minutes. I'm hoping the rest of the album is a lot better personally.

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You know, you gotta respect the fact that they're arguably one of the biggest mainstream rock bands out there right now, actually still sell albums, sell out tours all over the world, and yet maintain cred with music snobs and musicians, even though they write hooky radio rock. I think it helps that they always manage to keep their edge and energy, never sounding too polished, and most importantly, they keep everything sounding fun and are actually really decent, down to earth guys.

On a semi-related note, this sounds MASSIVE.

http://soundcloud.com/foofighters/all-my-life
(live at Wembley Stadium)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts