Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a couple of pics of a WHITE RG655... you know those "cheap" Prestige models with real Edge bridges?
They only come in black, blue or orange...

But it seems like there was supposed to be models in white in 2014... Ibanez goddamnit! :eek::ugh::rant::eek::pissed::noplease::noplease::noplease::noplease::noplease::noplease::noplease::noplease::noplease:

This looks like the only pics on the whole internet!

How to force Ibanez to make these for 2017?????

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
I know the feeling bro :(
Damn you, Jake E Lee and Chris Broderick!

·
Prague Owlmighty
1,770 Posts
I actually really dig that.

Also I've been debating putting a black pick guard on my RG350DX...and now I pretty much know what it would look like. So thanks for the pics :yesway:

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Get a regular one pay to paint it white, prob solved. Painting professionally wont be more than 200-250 euros and that is already streching it by a big margin.

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ibanez RG 655 Prestige, White, rare | eBay

Theres one on ebay actually. Cool looking guitar. When I saw it I thought of you and watched it but forgot about it, then I see this thread just a few days later. Looks like he's only looking to ship ConUS so you'd have to find a middle man or something.
Fuck... That would have been sweet. Can't buy anything right now anyway...

Get a regular one pay to paint it white, prob solved. Painting professionally wont be more than 200-250 euros and that is already streching it by a big margin.
The only guy I have seen who repaints guitars would take about 400 euro for body and headstock...

But I haven't looked around much either.

·
Obsessed by day glo Green
2,827 Posts
why not part one together? for the headstock, respraying and clearing a headstock can be done with spray cans, wet sanding and a bit of patience, so you could make it match. Just find a white body, any neck you like (PGM necks pop up, and they're pretty cool), add black edge + hardware.

·
Obsessed by day glo Green
2,827 Posts
400 euros for a single color repaint is not business.. its a fucking RIPOFF...
from experience, it's the clearcoat that costs serious money. And I can see why, as I tried it, and it really isn't easy, well, it's easy to completely fuck up, but other than that, not easy!

·
Banned
835 Posts
IMO, skip the bedroom luthiers and go to a body shop. Not one of the big ones, the small kind that employs maybe 3-10 people. Plug the holes and mask off the neck pocket, then explain which parts you don't want paint buildup in, and if you want something that matches the factory quality, request a "show car" level of finishing. They should still charge you way less than a part-timer would, and you'll get your guitar back in a couple of days.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
from experience, it's the clearcoat that costs serious money. And I can see why, as I tried it, and it really isn't easy, well, it's easy to completely fuck up, but other than that, not easy!
I know... I totally fucked up one on the Clear Coat... but it 90% my fault...

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
IMO, skip the bedroom luthiers and go to a body shop. Not one of the big ones, the small kind that employs maybe 3-10 people. Plug the holes and mask off the neck pocket, then explain which parts you don't want paint buildup in, and if you want something that matches the factory quality, request a "show car" level of finishing. They should still charge you way less than a part-timer would, and you'll get your guitar back in a couple of days.
Is this really true? I just get the feeling people at those places hate their life and think every customer is a pain in the ass, you know, Al Bundy style.
"a fat Rocka came to the car shop today..."

Maybe I'm wrong

·
Banned
835 Posts
Is this really true? I just get the feeling people at those places hate their life and think every customer is a pain in the ass, you know, Al Bundy style.
"a fat Rocka came to the car shop today..."

Maybe I'm wrong
No, those are mechanics. :lol: Body shop guys are methodical and thoughtful, if you find a good one. Mediocre ones are still shitloads better at painting than you or me, just not thoughtful.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts