Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:metal: Who else has preordered? PC here.

The only upcoming game I'm more excited for is The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:yesway:

This and Bioshock: Inifinite are two that I'm really lookin' forward to.
I love the story line of Bioshock, but I just can't get into the gameplay mechanic. Is infinite the one in the sky they just previewed in PC Gamer? Cause if so I'm giving that a try for sure.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
I'll probably grab this when I grab my PS3 mid month, along with Black-ops and NFS: Hot Pursuit if it's out by then, even though I know that once GT5 rolls around, it's all I'll play :lol: Until then, I have loads of games I can borrow from my dad and my mate :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Preordered it a few days ago. I'm especially psyched that a lot of the devs working on it are the same folks who worked on Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 for Black Isle. They even reinstated the reputation system which was absent in Fallout 3. :yesway:

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Does anyone know if Amazon has one of those deals where you pre-order and get $20 off your next game purchase? I'm wanting SC2, so if Fallout: New Vegas has that deal, I'll probably pre-order it tomorrow...

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does anyone know if Amazon has one of those deals where you pre-order and get $20 off your next game purchase? I'm wanting SC2, so if Fallout: New Vegas has that deal, I'll probably pre-order it tomorrow...
I have it pre-ordered on Amazon, so I'll check.

Theres more good games coming out this year than I thought. I'm not really a serious gamer, but I enjoy several series of RPGs, and thats it. Looks like four of them are coming out consecutively though: New Vegas, Fable 3, Assassin of Kings, and Dragon Age 2.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Newegg had both SC2 and Fallout: New Vegas for 49.99 each, free shipping, so I bought them there. Should have SC2 early next week :hbang:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Newegg had both SC2 and Fallout: New Vegas for 49.99 each, free shipping, so I bought them there. Should have SC2 early next week :hbang:
Newegg is a dangerous place to visit if you want to save money. :rofl:

I'm trying to convinve myself I don't need a new system for all these new games.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Newegg is a dangerous place to visit if you want to save money. :rofl:

I'm trying to convinve myself I don't need a new system for all these new games.
Luckily, I don't need a new system, because I already gave NewEgg a lot of money about 6 months ago :lol:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Luckily, I don't need a new system, because I already gave NewEgg a lot of money about 6 months ago :lol:
What specs?

I haven't built a desktop gaming rig for awhile. But my laptop ran ME2 beautifully, so I'll just stick with that. Last desktop I built had a Geforce 7600 (2007?) :rofl:

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
What specs?

I haven't built a desktop gaming rig for awhile. But my laptop ran ME2 beautifully, so I'll just stick with that. Last desktop I built had a Geforce 7600 (2007?) :rofl:
Running an AMD Phenom II X4 965 at 3.4ghz, water cooled, with 4gb ram(have 6gb, but need 1 more 2gb stick to run dual channel, so I run 4 for now), 1gb Radeon 4870(got it 2nd hand for $125), and my motherboard does Crossfire, so if I feel my 4870 can't hold up I can spend 100 bucks and be current again.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Running an AMD Phenom II X4 965 at 3.4ghz, water cooled, with 4gb ram(have 6gb, but need 1 more 2gb stick to run dual channel, so I run 4 for now), 1gb Radeon 4870(got it 2nd hand for $125), and my motherboard does Crossfire, so if I feel my 4870 can't hold up I can spend 100 bucks and be current again.
Have to admit that watercooling always has struck me as extremely cost ineffective, but I know some people dig it. What cooling system are you using?

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Have to admit that watercooling always has struck me as extremely cost ineffective, but I know some people dig it. What cooling system are you using?
After the initial outlay, it's not any more cost ineffictive than an air cooler, and it cools so much better. All I'll really ever have to do is upgrade water blocks, and chances are, with the block I have, I won't even have to upgrade that, just change the bracket since the block I use is a modular design. I've been water cooling off and on since 2001, it's second nature to me. My rig now though is easily the best rig I've ever had.

I'm running mostly Swiftech stuff with a water block from EK. My current system is 1/2" tubing, and the pump I have is adjustable and high flowing.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Anyone else gonna play on Hardcore mode from the get go?

"Hardcore mode
An optional Hardcore mode[12] delivers more realism and intensity into the gaming environment. As gameplay difficulty is increased; players are encouraged to implement effective strategies, make careful considerations in resource management and combat tactics, and pay high attention to the surrounding environment. The features that increase gameplay difficulty are as follows:

Healing over time rather than instant healing after use of a stimpak[12]
Healing of crippled limbs requires a high medicine skill and medical equipment[12]
Ammunition has weight[12]
Requirement of water consumption to avoid dehydration and eventual death[12]
Requirement of food consumption and sleeping to avoid starvation and sleep deprivation[16]"

Hopefully its not Stalker:SOC hard though.

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Man, if this game has Halo-like gameplay that requires developing strategies, I'm SO going to love it. My biggest complaint with RPG combat. Hack? Check. Slash? Check.

I was just playing a level on Reach yesterday on legendary, getting my ass handed to me. I had to keep at it until I developed some working tactics. Love it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts