1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Volvo Mis-Enthusiast
800 Posts
I liked what I heard in that preview video on his myspace. :shrug:

·
Registered
90 Posts
A Grave Inversed is a bit crazy with the saxophone, but I think it fits really well throughout the rest of the album personally.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think the sax is alittle overused. Seems like all the same melody and a bunch of random wankery throughout the whole cd. The first song is brilliant though.

·
GoDDDammit.
196 Posts
I really enjoyed it at first but over the course of an entire album it really does start to grate. I wonder how much of the sax playing was dictated by Ihsahn and how much was him just letting the sax player blow over the top of his tracks...

·
I'm full of Hell...
411 Posts
I've only listened to the whole album once but I thought it was kinda cool. Certainly, I took notice to it but not so much that it irritated me. It's not often that you hear such extensive use of a "non-metal" instrument in metal music. I just hope it grows on me more in the long run instead of slowly grating on my nerves.

I will say this, I'm not that versed in Ihsahn's work with Emperor but I really dig his solo work. angL kicks some serious ass and I'm excited to get to know this new one! :metal:

·
GoDDDammit.
196 Posts
I will say this, I'm not that versed in Ihsahn's work with Emperor but I really dig his solo work. angL kicks some serious ass and I'm excited to get to know this new one! :metal:
Since you dig his solo stuff you should probably grab the final Emperor album, Prometheus, and work backwards.

I'm kinda weird in that I like the first couple of albums, don't like the later stuff but enjoy Ihsahn's solo albums. Guess it's Samoth's fault.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts