Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
I actually since EMG refuses to put their seven string pickups in standard housings I'm not surprised that they took this long to make a seven string single coil.

I am happy to see some more options in seven string singles though.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
If not for the Seymour Duncan Blackouts threatening their business, I don't think they'd be doing anything new now. Their main product line was the same for, what, 25 years?
:agreed:

What other other active pickups were available for guitars? Those awful Duncan Live Wires, and some ridiculously expensive boutique offerings (mostly aimed at the jazz market). What reason was there for EMG to evolve?

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Oh, and I was shocked when I saw it was a normal size. Then, I saw the side pic. :lol:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
A bit tall? :lol:

I recently bought a 81TWX and the fucker is so thick its impossible to use in the guitar I wanted to. Its seriously over twice as thick as the custom I just got in to go in the same guitar :lol:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Wirelessly posted :)metal:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

eleven59 said:
Hungoverstin said:
I love the SAs these look cool! Makes me want a 7 string strat... can you say Gilmour... with a low B?
BGilmour?
Bilmore. ;)

EDIT: Aww... The "sub" tag doesn't show up on the mobile interface.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts