Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
That video is pretty sweet and I absolutely love that song.

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
That's badass.

·
Registered
327 Posts
That is hilarious. I love Maynard's voice on that song. I love it all the time, though, so that's natural.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's almost something of a bluegrass feeling to his opening vocal, somehow... It's interesting. I kind of want to know how they recorded it, as it doesn't sound like his normal recorded voice.

Anyway, that's a bizarre video, but I found I couldn't look away. Cool. :yesway:

·
Registered
702 Posts
i saw them perform it live at Roskilde two years ago, and he sang it perfectly. didn't really sound autotuned at all either, Maynard is such a good singer i don't really think he needs that.

·
Registered
702 Posts
i know what you mean, listening to it, but he does those fast jumps in pitch when he sings alot...

i guess the thing that makes me think he isn't using one though, is the general thought behind the recording of this album, barely using any processing or anything, doing most of the tone shaping by choosing the right gear etc... doesen't seem logical to use an autotuner in the midst of that :p

anyways, it just sounds like typical maynard to me, he has a really steady singing voice.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think he *needs* it, it just sounds like he used it for effect.

Jeff
I don't know if it's autotune, but it's something... He sounds like he's singing through a tube or a pipe or something... :shrug:

·
Registered
327 Posts
I think he's just doing something with his voice. You can kinda hear him get a little nasally on some of the notes. Try it out, you can sorta do it yourself.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
SCHWEEETTT

·
Registered
97 Posts
This is a pretty old video but it's really interesting. Although I prefer the fan video for Rosetta Stoned. It's a very creepy and messed up video though.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
hes got a very very quiet... not a delay, but like a delay running .66 seconds before the main course.

·
Registered
702 Posts
i think what makes it sound so strange is the incredibly dry sound of the vocals. it's like you can barely hear the acoustics of the room he's recording in or something :p

·
Registered
97 Posts
That was a pretty interesting read. I never knew the recorded to tape and than put that into Pro Tools.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts