Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Black Metal Bunny
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People will be playing at a reasonable volume, and then some blues guy always comes and plays loud as fuck on his neck pickup with the tone turned way down.

Every single time I go, this happens. And it's always the blues guys. The metal guys always play relatively quietly.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Generally a blues guy is playing a fender or something that NEEDS to be cranked up to do its thing, even worse than metal amps.

I dunno what the hell is going on where you live though, usually the blues guys around tucson at least wont go to guitar center because the widdley kids chase them away with awful highvolume badshred :lol:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Generally a blues guy is playing a fender or something that NEEDS to be cranked up to do its thing, even worse than metal amps.

I dunno what the hell is going on where you live though, usually the blues guys around tucson at least wont go to guitar center because the widdley kids chase them away with awful highvolume badshred :lol:
This. :lol:

·
Black Metal Bunny
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Generally a blues guy is playing a fender or something that NEEDS to be cranked up to do its thing
I hadn't considered that.

I usually go during the day when the kids are at school. I actually rather like not having many people in the store. But there's always some blues dude who plays a Strat or Les Paul super loud.

Then again, most of them are pretty good, and I tend to keep the volume down cuz I'm self-conscious about my playing anyway.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Wirelessly posted (boobies)

At my local GC it was the metalcore kids playing horribly as loud as can be. The theme here is that guitar shops are annoying.

·
Black Metal Bunny
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Also, at least half the guitars I pick up at GC are drop tuned to D or lower.

It pisses me off when it's on a locking trem.

And a lot of otherwise nice guitars have messed up action.

It's like "hey, can you set this guitar up for me so I can test it out for 10 minutes and then probably not buy it?" But right now I'm definitely not going to buy it because it's tuned to C# A# Db F C F and the strings are 7mm above the neck.

And on a related note, GC should thank me for all the guitars I tune while I'm there.

·
Marshall humper
3,575 Posts
My guitar center is all metalcore kids. If I get annoyed with it, I just plug into a dual rectifier and play some Sodom.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
I instantly forget how to play guitar when I go into a guitar shop, so I just let other people play as loud as they want.

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
I hate playing in guitar shops, with all the people trying to show off to each other. I remember a few years ago someone imitating what I was playing as though to say 'I can play anything anybody else can.' I mean what the fuck? :lol:

·
Marshall humper
3,575 Posts
I instantly forget how to play guitar when I go into a guitar shop, so I just let other people play as loud as they want.
I hang out with some of the guys who work at my local shop. They'll plug into an amp and rip some shreddy sweep picking lick of insanity, and then hand me the guitar. How am I supposed to follow that up?

4,429 Posts
i once got kicked out of a sam ash for blasting a 6505 at someone who was slaying crazy train repeatedly really loud and terrible on a marshall mg half stack one time.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts