Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's made my life so much easier with getting song ideas fleshed out. I love just being able to drag and drop grooves and fills into Reaper on the fly. :yesway:

Reactions: Soopahmahn

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Yep. It really does kick ass.

With split/copy/paste, arranging songs is a shitload more fun, too. :yesway:

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should also add that I'm really starting to see what all the hype is about with Reaper. It really is a solid DAW. It's taken me a little while to get the swing of things, but I can definitely see a lot advantages already.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I should also add that I'm really starting to see what all the hype is about with Reaper. It really is a solid DAW. It's taken me a little while to get the swing of things, but I can definitely see a lot advantages already.
Yeah, I love it. Solid is a good word for it - it's not super flashy or anything, it just works damned well.

Ditto with EZDrummer, though I still haven't gotten the hang of dragging and dropping grooves into it. :lol: I've still been sequencing everything by hand and then dragging to copy, but even that is both more flexible and way more realistic than what I'd been doing before, sequencing loops in Fruity Loops.

So, does this mean we can get you into the Album Race? :idea:

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Killer dude. Any reason you didn't go for Superior? Not really worth the extra $ to you? I'm debating the two myself.
I think the prices are a little insane at Toontrack but I think I will get Superior at some point. I think you can already do quite a bit with just the basic EZDrummer package alone but I'm sure it would be nice to have some more flexibility with effects and mixing capabilities with Superior.

I picked up EZDrummer at Guitar Center a few weeks ago when it was on sale for $29.

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:lol: I'm so far behind you guys that it would be impossible for me to catch up but I'm seriously going to finish something this time around. I have a lot of song ideas kicking around that I need to arrange and sort out but I'm more driven now than I have been in a while so I'm in the race in some capacity. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Sweet. :D

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
man I wish I could have scored the program for $29!!! :mad: I really need to buy it but can't afford the cost at the moment.

·
Volvo Mis-Enthusiast
800 Posts
I'm vaguely considering EZdrummer. Would I be able to export a MIDI drum file and import it? That's all I'd be using it for... a 26 minute drum track I've already programmed! :lol:

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
I'm vaguely considering EZdrummer. Would I be able to export a MIDI drum file and import it? That's all I'd be using it for... a 26 minute drum track I've already programmed! :lol:
Yes you definitely can. Did you program in Guitar Pro? If so, I think one of the hits imports as the wrong drum piece, but you can easily select all of those hits with one click and move them to the proper place.

·
Volvo Mis-Enthusiast
800 Posts
Yes you definitely can. Did you program in Guitar Pro? If so, I think one of the hits imports as the wrong drum piece, but you can easily select all of those hits with one click and move them to the proper place.
GP5. :scream:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Yeah, I love it. Solid is a good word for it - it's not super flashy or anything, it just works damned well.

Ditto with EZDrummer, though I still haven't gotten the hang of dragging and dropping grooves into it. :lol: I've still been sequencing everything by hand and then dragging to copy, but even that is both more flexible and way more realistic than what I'd been doing before, sequencing loops in Fruity Loops.

I'll show you the Drag-Drop-kung-fu tonight. :yesway:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts