Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I caught some of these guys on Palladia. They have this random guy who's entire performance is simply just running around saying "come on" "get up" "get ready", etc, etc. :lol:

I caught a few songs, and while this isn't really my kind of music (at all), I ended up just waiting for their frontman to, well, actually do something. :lol: Every time there are vocals, their keytarist does them.

·
18,790 Posts
I've seen some bands with lead singers who are great singers but dull as hell when it comes to getting a crowd excited, that could really use a "hype-man" like this guy :lol:

Reminds me of The Salads, back when they had a dancer in the band :lol: He was literally a member of the band, and he literally only danced :lol: They claim he's on the album :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
YEAAa-AAAH! UH-WHAT?!

OHHHKAAAAAY!

·
Tune It Lower
1,114 Posts
I want to like Pendulum, cuz I really dig the premise of actual rock + actual electonica fusion (as opposed to one just sprinkling one onto the foundation of the other), but they too often come off as "upbeat" and "accessible" la-la-la-smiley-face-let's-hold-hands-garbage as compared to their darker, more rough around the edges comparators like The Prodigy or Celldweller. :agreed:

That said, this ain't too bad, especially considering what a waste of studio time the last In Flames was album overall:

...:ugh: On second thought, leave this stuff to Sybreed. They're way the fuck better at it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Every time I've seen them I've always wondered this. It's just Rob Swire singing every song while Ben Mount just runs about bigging everyone up. They probably couldn't let him go nicely, even though seeing as they are pretty much a band now and far far away then the Drum and Bass set they used to be.

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
At first, I figured you were just watching them play some of their largely instrumental tracks, so I looked up some live videos on Youtube. Now I'm just as confused as you are. Even on the tracks with vocals, he doesn't do a damn thing.

Here is a very energetic track with vocals through pretty much the whole thing (skip the first minute). He just skips back and forth the whole time. :scratch:

I think this is their single track, and he doesn't even contribute to this one. He does some highly unnecessary backup vocals on a few parts, but mostly he's still just prancing around making the band as a whole look awkward.

This is kind of bothering me a little now. What is his purpose? Anyway, despite that and the fact that Pendulum has a lot more of an upbeat, poppy, electronic sound than I generally go for, I have to say I enjoy the shit out of that album.

I've also decided that I need to make my own music veer further in this direction, just for the fact that a lot of the live videos I watched seem to have cute redheads near the front cheering them on. :yesway:

Another guest spot track, just because:

·
Would You Kindly?
487 Posts
He's just a friend of the band who came to rehearsals one day and wouldn't leave probably.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts