Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Shit, $400? That's pretty freaking awesome, relic'ed or no.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
still for the price ($400) I might hit it anyway for a project guitar
:agreed:

I'm no fan of relicing in principle, but I AM a fan of cheap, cool superstrats. It'd be a fun beater, I'd think.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
ESP's always been geared more towards hard rock/metal. I think that this is their attempt at making a vintage-ish/traditional guitar more acceptable to their metal players.

I really dig the relic!
This one is a George Lynch model so it's probably his attempt at having a more hard-rock looking strat. Not to say that Americans and stuff can't be used for it, as Maiden have shown, but I definitely see it more when I look at this than when I look at a Fender.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Shit, $400? That's pretty freaking awesome, relic'ed or no.
Exactly. Fender took their MIM's, relic'd them, and threw an extra $1000 pricetag on them :nuts:

Thank you ESP for not doing the same.

EDIT: Wow, Megan Fox got married? I'd still hit it, but wear earplugs the rest of the time haha

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
here are the specs

* Bolt-On Construction
* 25.5" Scale
* Alder Body
* 1 Pc Maple Neck
* 42mm Locking Nut
* Thin U Neck Contour
* 22 XJ Frets
* Nickel Hardware
* ESP Tuners
* Floyd Rose Special Bridge
* ESP LH-150 (B) / LS-120 (M & N) p.u.
* Finish: Distressed BLK

they also have this for $350 While on the surface you might say "DUH JUST GET A MIM FENDER YOU FOOL" this has bigger fretwire on it....

I cut my teeth on ESP 400 series strats back in the day and Owned several of them. (I still have on that needs rebuilt it was a project gone wrong lmao plus it has a rosewood fingerboard)

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
I prefer the other one with the HSS to that. That one does however tell me to get a Mexi and ding the fuck out of it myself, while the HSS says "I'm black and slightly dinged up, but look at this combo of vintage and modern! :scream:"

1 - 20 of 65 Posts