Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
I've been moving to a vegan diet over the last couple months for numerous reasons, but the last one is my health.

I'm an animal lover and I can't see it logically in my head to say "I love animals but I eat them". Really, after my pups passed away a couple months ago, I just can't contribute or participate in the whole meat/dairy thing. Obviously my dog wasn't butchered for eating, but knowing the confusion and pain this innocent life went through in his last hours....it's beats me up knowing what's going on. I do love animals much more than human beings.

And to say that these videos have never changed someone's mind about eating meat, that's definitely false. I personally know 4 people who have chosen to go vegan after seeing exactly stuff like this, which was the catalyst for an entire diet change......and I barely speak to people outside my little bubble. My girlfriend's entire immediate family also switched to a vegan diet after watching a couple documentaries on Netflix.

And sure, there are plenty of vegan douchebags, but one thing I've noticed is that the second a vegan even mentions their diet, there's almost ALWAYS someone who will say something IMMEDIATELY about how they love eating cows or how animals are "great....to eat" then go off on how bloody they like their steaks and etc. So when someone who has chosen their diet for ethical reasons is faced with that, what do you expect, ya know?

I haven't eaten beef or pork in over a month.....and I used to eat steaks probably 3x a week and bacon almost daily. I've been eating chicken still and that's only because I haven't been in a situation where I can really store/prepare my own food and when I get out of work, there's nowhere to go and pick up a decent sized salad or vegan anything aside from some fries at BK. That's changing in a couple weeks, so I assume by then, chicken will be out of my diet as well.

I'm a spiritual kinda guy and one thing Devin Townsend said a few years back that really resonated with me regarding eating meat is that you're taking the energy from this animal that lived in shit conditions and basically spent whatever "life" it had being miserable, then most likely had it's life ended in some kind of horrific way and then you take that meat and put it into your body for energy. I know that won't hit people the same way it hit me, but it hit me pretty hard.

My girlfriend and I have a long-term goal to open an animal sanctuary, once we have enough land to do it on. We just bought a house this week and she was bummed we weren't going to have space for goats. :rofl:

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
One of my aunts has kids that are vegan and home schooled and the oldest one writes erotic fantasy fiction novels.

She actually has it published and makes money off of it, but it's really bad. She goes through every single fantasy creature and writes a disturbing erotic young adult fantasy about it. I've only read parts of the first one about faeries, but there is this classic seductive scene of an enslaver of faeries slowly eating a banana while sitting on a tree stump. It's like ten pages too, she really draws it out. She doesn't even try to hide it either, she sends everyone in the family free copies and no one reads them because they are so intensely awkward. I think the latest one was about someone transforming into a unicorn.

There was this crisis a few years back where the middle kid had taken some kind of dance classes at a local community college and somehow she just went from that to joining some sort of Belly Dancing Harem in the middle east. Her mom flipped shit when she heard about it and there was some sort of situation at the airport where the police had to stop her from boarding a flight to Saudi Arabia.

The dad is tech industry and refuses to talk about anything except computer specs. Like, he'll just sit silently staring until you bring up northbridge architecture on motherboards and then he'll go off. If you get on his good side he'll send you free graphics cards. You can't leave him alone with your computer because you will turn your back for a second and suddenly he's in BIOS overclocking your shit. Computer parts are just disposable to him since he's always changing shit, so he'll run stuff to the point where it will blow up within a month and think he's helping you out. Back when SLI/Crossfire was cutting edge he once sent me a box of 4 Geforce 7600s. :lol:

So yeah, veganism isn't all it's cracked up to be. I'm pretty sure I've seen ample evidence it's bad for mental health. Homeschooling too.
What the fuck did I just read?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.