Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I think too much
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever experience this sensation?

For months now, I've had a favorite guitar. I play it at all practices and shows. Well, a couple of weeks ago, I got another guitar to use as a backup. I've been playing that one almost exclusively because it's new and super cool.

Still, good ol' Horse has been glaring at me like I don't love him anymore. Yeah, I know I'm :nuts: but it just seems like there was a little jealousy there. Well, I put some new strings on him and I'm gonna use him tonight at the gig so hopefully that'll make him feel better.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Useless fucking piece of shit: Opera/9.80 (S60; SymbOS; Opera Mobi/448; U; en-GB) Presto/2.4.18 Version/10.00)

I get that everytime I play something that isn't mine when my guitar is with me :lol: My mate brought his guitar round and I played that, and I felt guilty as shit :lol:

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
It just means you treat them too lovingly. My guitars usually look relieved when I play someone elses...cause I beat the shit out of them. :lol:

Well, not really beat the shit out of them...but I am firmly of the belief that they are meant to be played, and dammit I'm gonna play em. HARD! :tmm:

·
Hasta la vista, Baby
384 Posts
When I pick a guitar and then pick another and both end up lying on the bed or something when I stop playing, I get the feeling they're gonna start fighting :lol:

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Well, I think it's more because you have your #1 & it's not getting played as much, therefore, your mind is just fucking with you. :lol:

Case in point, my sherman restored UV777GR (aka Greenie) has been my main axe for 2 years now. No matter how many new guitars I've bought since I got her, she still gets played at every show. I can't bring myself not to play her. It took me 12 yrs of searching & patiently waiting for the right moment to snag a GR, so that may have something to do with it. Plus, Greenie is a total chick magnet too. :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I've got a worse problem than that. I've got one guitar that has all the features I want (V shape, 25.5" scale, two pickups, Floyd), and another one that is the opposite (superstrat shape, 27", one pickup, TOM) that just sounds better. It's like all those beer commercials where the super hot chick turns out to be into football, and then realizing that person doesn't exit. :lol:

·
I think too much
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've got a worse problem than that. I've got one guitar that has all the features I want (V shape, 25.5" scale, two pickups, Floyd), and another one that is the opposite (superstrat shape, 27", one pickup, TOM) that just sounds better. It's like all those beer commercials where the super hot chick turns out to be into football, and then realizing that person doesn't exit. :lol:
:lol: That is awful.

For the rest, I don't have this problem because I value my guitars too much. They are not case queens. Hell, I only have 2 HSCs for 4 guitars. They get played, and if they're lucky, they'll sit on a stand. Most of the time, they just get leaned against my amp or hang on the wall.

No, I have this problem because I finally found a guitar that speaks to me. I've grown attached to it, maybe even dependent upon it.

Gig went well. Horse and I tore it up. :yesway:

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
So...
1. What's the new guitar that's getting all the attention?
2. What's horse's make & model?

I'm curious what got replaced with what.

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
So...

·
I think too much
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So...

Horse is an Ibanez S2020XAV that I don't have pictures of, for some reason. Anyway, I bought this a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.metalguitarist.org/forum/guitar-gear-discussion/22555-ngd-black-ibby-content.html#post231449

The new one isn't a replacement, because it's basically the same guitar without the piezos. It's meant as a backup, really. For 399, I really couldn't say no. :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts