Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
I love how he blames it all on piracy, not services like iTunes or Amazon or whatever else distributes music on the Internet easily and cheaply.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Pretty shitty attempt at economics, if you ask me. Guess what? Business models change with time and market conditions. Suck it up and get used to it. Don't point to one thing that has changed and blow it out of proportion like it's ruining modern music as we know it.

As long as people value live music, it will be available. Notice that huge venues across the country consistently sell out for big acts, just like they used to. If the ticket prices have inflated, so what? We're paying less for the copies we listen to at home and in the car, aren't we?
Also, ticket prices are mainly inflating for the big name shows, when it comes to the more obscure stuff, 15 bucks usually gets you in the door.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
:agreed:

The best of it is, he doesn't actually really state his thesis, that ticket prices ARE going up because of piracy:

That's about as ambiguous as you can get. His whole argument is tenuous. I could probably build a stronger case than he does, and I don't necessarily know if I believe him.
The other problem with this op-ed is the complete lack of facts and numbers to back up his claim. It's all opinion, nothing more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.