Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this was from the recent World Cup games. Brazil versus The Ivory Coast. Whatever the fuck that is.

Look at this horseshit. :noway:

Here's another. I guess this retarded shit is riddled with this nonsense.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
A red card for some dumbass running into you...

As much as I've been trying to keep up with it this year, I just can't get beyond all of the stupid buzzing.

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
Soccer has more diving in it than the NHL... these guys PRACTICE falling down while holding their faces. It happens in EVERY GAME! There's less sportsmanship in that game than there is in, oh I dunno, a groin kicking contest.

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
I don't think groin kicking would even be sportsmanlike, if groing kicking were a sport. :lol:

·
Poland CEO / RHLC ©
2,393 Posts
There's no way anyone could convince you to like soccer... You'd have to be born in Europe or South America... or just any place in the world other than the USA :lol:

But seriously as for faking injuries ... that's fucking Lame.. 10-15 years ago it wasn't so common.. hell even during the last world cup 4 years ago players didn't fake so often... the game was much better back in the 90's ...

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That shit is so retarded. Like flopping in the NBA, which is bad enough. But this bullshit is 20 times worse and 50 times faker.

·
Poland CEO / RHLC ©
2,393 Posts
That shit is so retarded. Like flopping in the NBA, which is bad enough. But this bullshit is 20 times worse and 50 times faker.
:agreed:

Now the biggest problem with soccer/football/whatever is that they have only 3 referees and they don't use video replays for uncertain situations , years back it wasn't a big problem... but now some players just watch where the main referee stands, and depending on that fake, it destroys the game... I really hope they will start using video replays.. heh

·
Colourful bastard
403 Posts
But seriously as for faking injuries ... that's fucking Lame.. 10-15 years ago it wasn't so common.. hell even during the last world cup 4 years ago players didn't fake so often... the game was much better back in the 90's ...
Jurgen Klinsmann

:rofl:

Seriously though, it's disappointing. I really enjoy watching football, but yesterday's Switzerland v. Chile came kinda illustrates the effect that diving/faking/exaggerating can have, I'm pretty sure an 11 man Swiss team would've been able to push Chile more than they were able after the (very soft) sending off.

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
like in wrestling? :lol:
Hmm. You must not follow wrestling.

In America, (professional) wrestling is very popular. But it's not considered a "sport." We all know it's scripted. It's more like a play. Pointing out that people fake injuries in professional wrestling is like pointing out that people don't really get killed by Arnold Schwarzenegger in his movies.

What would be equivalent is if in say, MMA for example, a fighter could kick himself in his own nuts, fall to the ring/cage, throw his hands over his dick, and his opponent be penalized a point for a foul.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hmm. You must not follow wrestling.

In America, (professional) wrestling is very popular. But it's not considered a "sport." We all know it's scripted. It's more like a play. Pointing out that people fake injuries in professional wrestling is like pointing out that people don't really get killed by Arnold Schwarzenegger in his movies.

What would be equivalent is if in say, MMA for example, a fighter could kick himself in his own nuts, fall to the ring/cage, throw his hands over his dick, and his opponent be penalized a point for a foul.
i see your point, man. i guess the problem with soccer is that the referee isn't allowed to make a decision upon watching a filmed repetition of the foul captured from different perspective, which actually would make perfect sense.

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I agree.

But whether you love soccer, hate soccer, or are indifferent to it (me), it's all good. What's really the point of this thread is how ridiculous and fucking hilarious this faking bullshit is. :lol:

And if we want to wax serious about it, we can say how detrimental to the sport it really is. It's such a blatant circumvention of the real spirit of sport. :noway:

·
Registered
374 Posts
I agree.

But whether you love soccer, hate soccer, or are indifferent to it (me), it's all good. What's really the point of this thread is how ridiculous and fucking hilarious this faking bullshit is. :lol:

And if we want to wax serious about it, we can say how detrimental to the sport it really is. It's such a blatant circumvention of the real spirit of sport, :noway:
+1 on all points

1 - 20 of 48 Posts