Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ok...inspired by this video, I've been lusting after an eq pedal do use as a 'de-booster' like Paul does in conjunction with a compressor and chorus. Already got the compressor for this reason, and was saving for the equalizer.
Imagine my surprise when while I was adjusting the settings on my stompboxes while getting ready for a practice session, I found that my little Dyna-comp clone works brilliantly for exactly this purpose if you roll the level down to about two and turn the sustain all the way up!:) I'm currently getting the best clean tone I've had in ages this way. May as well cross the eq pedal off the shopping list now.:)

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

As a bonus, here's another demo of his signature flanger.:)

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Since clean tones can really benefit from compression this is a really cool application for the pedal. :yesway:

That flanger pedal sounds sick.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Speaking of weird uses for something you regularly use:
I accidentally clicked on a non-impulse wav file from a rhythm track i recorded, when i was using SIR for a cabinet emulation. I found out if you hit a note, it was really ethereal sounding. I then found out if i shortened said .wav file, i could make it more audible what i was playing. So i shortened the track to around 5 seconds, and when you record something, and run it through that impulse, it sounds REALLY trippy. I'll have to make a clip of it.

EDit:http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9015977

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I need that flanger. :yesway:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts