Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Layne's dead, get over it. Sorry, but I am so sick of this DuVall-bashing, since it is not like the band wanted to go find a new singer.

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, I'm 'over it', as you say (not sure I ever wasn't; I was just getting out of this stuff when he died). I'm hardly trolling DuVall. I said above, he's a great singer. And I even chose not to use the more obvious choice of 'win and phail' 'cause the second performance is certainly not phail. I'm simply enjoying a bit of a grunge nostalgia phase at the moment and came across these two performances, neither of which I've seen before.

On reflection, it was probably a bit too flippant and vague to carry any of that across. :\

·
Registered
11 Posts
Layne was awesome, no doubt.

The band needs to move on though. They could either do NOTHING... or do what they are doing now. I'd rather they be out there touring and making new music than them doing nothing.

·
Chromaphonic Invader
1,298 Posts
He's gotten better since then though, I really didn't like him back then either. He sounded terrible and pitchy as hell to me not even comparing him to Layne. I was actually disappointed because I liked Cantrell's voice a lot better. On the new songs I think he fits really well though.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Layne's dead, get over it. Sorry, but I am so sick of this DuVall-bashing, since it is not like the band wanted to go find a new singer.
+1

I think he does a great job, and the new album was probably my favorite album of 2009. :yesway:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts