Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
I've had it since they first opened the beta, the strides they've made since then have been pretty incredible. I got RTM sometime last week, and it's been great for me.

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
Incredible, isn't it? All of those sci-fi movie predictions ARE coming true at last. Especially Idiocracy.
Lol

Brawndo got what plants need

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
My one complaint stems from their insistence on keeping the legacy Control Panel as well as this new Settings app. There are settings that can only be found in one or the other, and you won't know until you go looking for them. Like my touchpad settings... I have the Mouse section of Control Panel (which includes my Dell driver that has the palm detection options) and then I have the Devices section in Settings, which is where you go to make it so you can actually click the left mouse button while typing (which is necessary when you're gaming, can't turn it off anywhere else)... It's too convoluted, they need to get it down to one program. I've sent them many a feedback about this annoyance.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
What I'd like to see:

- One-click network profile changes for different subnets
- One-click proxy switching
- A UI for adding static routes, because I never fucking remember the damn syntax..

ANS was a nice addition but fuck, let me do what I've been able to do in linux since like 1991...

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So far so good. It's like Windows 7, but faster. One annoyance is that I can't seem to figure out how to change the color of the top bar in a window. Something that simple should be relatively easy, but it's not in the settings or control panel.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Wirelessly posted (The Enormophone SIII)

I still find myself wondering what the UI team is smoking, but it's better than 8...

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Wrong. Apple users are almost all trust fund babies and never work.
Are you kidding me? Hardcore Apple users are right up there with atheists on the Be-Annoying-Online-O-Meter. That shit sure seems like hard work to me. :lol:

1 - 20 of 85 Posts