Metal Guitarist Forums banner
81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Bowes Guitars
1,958 Posts
I dual boot 10 and Ubuntu. 10 installed fine and most of my programs actually run faster now. I was able to up the framerate in Dota2 and Mixcraft is a little more responsive. So far i haven't seen any issues with it.

I've changed all the privacy settings during the install. I've got a capture log set up on my Fortigate at home to track anything to MS IP blocks right now and it's a pretty small amount of traffic outside of updates.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
I dual boot 10 and Ubuntu. 10 installed fine and most of my programs actually run faster now. I was able to up the framerate in Dota2 and Mixcraft is a little more responsive. So far i haven't seen any issues with it.

I've changed all the privacy settings during the install. I've got a capture log set up on my Fortigate at home to track anything to MS IP blocks right now and it's a pretty small amount of traffic outside of updates.
My sister and her fiance wanted to play Minecraft with me, and I found the Windows server ran poorly under 10. Switched to Ubuntu and I can run the game and the server without a hiccup. Only thing I need Windows 10 for is my CAD software...

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I found this too, and submitted a feedback complaint as there's no way to disable it. I've only had it happen twice though, and can't remember how I did it now :lol:

Last night I tried using the Edge browser since a site wasn't working right in Chrome, fucking Edge wouldn't load anything :lol: Not even Bing :rofl:
If you still have win10 i've figured this one out.

Go into control panel and then synaptics settings and turn off four finger tapping.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not all computers are suitable for Windows 10 even though they may install and run for a while. windows 10 sucks constantly updates and identifies drivers and if incorrect will become unstable and eventually fail to boot. If you wish to run 10, you must ensure that all your hardware is in fact suitable and do a ‘clean and fresh install and ensure good backups on a second drive.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts