Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
playing rebs stuff is funny, cause its tricky to not over or under play. and he's so tight, that any mistakes stick out like a sore thumb

people ask what the demons sounds like. 80s glory i tell them

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
Fucken wicked Dana.
:kip:

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perfect for when I finally start my winger cover band moonlighting as Paul Taylor.
I'm not kidding.

Of course nobody else on earth would even bother except me. Of course. Lol

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
Perfect for when I finally start my winger cover band moonlighting as Paul Taylor.
I'm not kidding.

Of course nobody else on earth would even bother except me. Of course. Lol
Well the people that wouldn't no fuck all. lol

·
Grumpy Old Fart
1,025 Posts
I forgot how cool Reb's rhythm work was. For all the shiny white teeth and ballet moves there was some solid rock songs under there.

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks dudes

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Haha no doubt randy. No doubt.

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great job!

Can you tell us a bit on how you achieved that sweet sweet tone?
Gladly.

for my sound I'm using jam up. Although i have bias, I'm not using it here. its the 5153 amp with a tube screamer in front and eq in the back. obviously theres a gate in front too. thats it.
A HUGE part of the sound is the pickup. Trust me i don't get that same tone when i plug in any of my other guitars. Theres just something ridiculously awesome about the pickup. Most people think its a high gain metal pickup, when its completely not. its a paf base with some added growl. it also uses hex and reg lugs, which give it this sound no other pickup has.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Gladly.

for my sound I'm using jam up. Although i have bias, I'm not using it here. its the 5153 amp with a tube screamer in front and eq in the back. obviously theres a gate in front too. thats it.
A HUGE part of the sound is the pickup. Trust me i don't get that same tone when i plug in any of my other guitars. Theres just something ridiculously awesome about the pickup. Most people think its a high gain metal pickup, when its completely not. its a paf base with some added growl. it also uses hex and reg lugs, which give it this sound no other pickup has.
Wow if you told me you were using 5153 + tube screamer I would have expected a "more modern" sound. But you totally nailed that 80s hair metal sound. What company makes the PAF that you use?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts