Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a wiring diagram for two passive humbuckers, two volume, 3 way switch, and no tone. But I haven't had much luck. Can anyone here point me in the right direction?

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
I think you can cheat and use a Les Paul diagram and ignore the tome knobs and just wire those direct. You can also use a diagram fot a single volume set up and just do the same thing for each PUP using the oposte side of the switch for each one.

I would ask why not just a single volume for both, but Im sure that you have your reasons.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Wire the "hot" of each pickup to the input of each pot (looking at the bottom of the pot, it'll be the furthest left terminal), the output of each pot (middle terminal) to the corresponding position on the switch, then the output of the switch to the jack.

EDIT: this

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello...you may be in an ideal situation with one of the pots an ace volume and the second a Blend. Why have two volumes?

For a touch of fun, sneak a switch in there some place that will toss the two pickups out of stage with one another when both are chosen. Some great tones to be hand on either side of the center spot on the Blend.

pcb quote

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
You can actually just disregard any connections to the tone pots in nearly any diagram :yesway:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts