Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:)

I'm rewiring my PRS SE245 tomorrow and adding my Graphtech bridge. I want to move the volumes so that bridge volume is closest to the pickups, with neck volume below it, and change the tone knobs to be a master tone and piezo volume. My questions are:

1) What are the odds that all 4 pots are identical? They all look the same IIRC and are all 500k pots. Just wondering about the taper.

2) It's currently wired like a Les Paul, the volumes and tones before the switch and switch to the jack. To get a master tone, do I need to move the tone pot to between the switch and the jack? Anyone have a good diagram for 2-volume, 1-tone, 3-way toggle?

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
use this diagram:

It is very unlikely that different tapers were used so dont worry about that. The only thing to remember is that the Piezo board isnt designed for a 500k Volume so you will need to replace that with the correct value.

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:)

******* said:
use this diagram:

It is very unlikely that different tapers were used so dont worry about that. The only thing to remember is that the Piezo board isnt designed for a 500k Volume so you will need to replace that with the correct value.
Manual says you can use a 250k or 500k audio taper pot. I'm not too concerned about the taper of the piezo volume or the tone, as they'll be either on full or off at all times. Thanks :yesway:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts