Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been a lot of talk about proper singing and how great it is lately, eq'ing it, how to do it, disparaging comments made against growls etc. etc. etc. Being that I have long had the dream of recording nasty blackened grind with gritty Blackie Lawless/Jon Oliva style vocals but find myself unable to do anything but a passable chainsmoking 40 year old stripper imitation, I thought I would give it an honest try over a poorly recorded/played demo track I had laying around. After all, I was in choir in 6th grade.

Ignore the beginning with the synths, I am just getting warmed up/in the mood.

Conclusion, I will stick to growling

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
I fired this up with my nine year old beside me and she fucked right off holding her ears.

·
Nope
3,563 Posts
The random snippets of lyrics from hair metal songs cracked me up.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
If you ever go to "Sushi Boat" in Laramie ask why someone named Garrett isn't allowed back into their restaurant and why they removed all the Dokken and Whitesnake from Karaoke Thursdays.
I had a buddy do karaoke to Slipknot's "Wait and Bleed". There were about 15 50 year olds in this dump of a place, and I was meeting a girl up there and hang out. When my buddy started singing, I got up, told her to call me later, and walked right out the door.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd nail an entire tour bus full of big haired, coked out hookers to this song.
I figure as long as I am at least as good as the worst band in Decline of Western Civilization Part II I shouldn't be completely ashamed of my glam vocal prowess.

I had a buddy do karaoke to Slipknot's "Wait and Bleed". There were about 15 50 year olds in this dump of a place, and I was meeting a girl up there and hang out. When my buddy started singing, I got up, told her to call me later, and walked right out the door.
My karaoke skills at "Loving You's A Dirty Job" would be enough to make you permanently sterile.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts