Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
I don't care for it, and it sounds like ground well trodden. However, it is well executed and produced, and the lyrics are definitely from the heart.

Having said that, that poor guy is never going to catch a break. If he does something in a completely different style from his father, then people will bitch that he falls short. If he does stuff like his dad, then people will accuse him of cashing in. Anything other than shredding, and he doesn't have dad's chops. He shreds, and it will be he's all chops and no feel. I can't imagine anything worse as a musician than being the child of a legend and icon who transformed the way people approach music.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
He's got a nice singing voice and could certainly release something credible if his writing is solid.
His lyrical voice isn't bad, either. I'd definitely give anything he put out a listen, since it's obvious he was paying attention to everything his dad was doing. Van Halen would never have been huge if they were just that band with the hot shit guitarist. Eddie knew how to write a pop hook like nobody's business.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.