Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
World Life Expectancy

:eek: Lots of crazy statistics pics of life expectancy around the world as well as diseases. I haven't dove around much on this site yet, but it looks like there's some intriguing stuff.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Not much about that surprises me for the most part.

Don't move to Alaska unless you want to commit suicide...

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
Life expectancy in Aberdeen in Scotland is the lowest in the UK. It's something like 53 for men and 55 for women.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
I wonder why Afghanistan has one of the lowest life expectancies. :scratch:

At first I thought it was because of the war (I was watching in 2000) but it's lilac or blue since 1970. The only country in the middle east so bad off. :/

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
I just did a huge research project for my statistics class on life expectancy. Long life expectancy was found to be consistently linked to high literacy rates and low unemployment rates. I believe Afghanistan has something like a 28% literacy rate and unemployment is staggeringly high at around 40%.

There's this place called Kerala in India. They have to be one of the poorest places in the world, but they have close to 100% literacy and very low unemployment, and their life expectancy is around 70 for both genders. Interesting stuff.

Of course, this is statistics, so the link could be purely imagined.

·
I like turtles!
722 Posts
I'm uncertain as to the accuracy of this, as the life expectancy of aboriginals is much lower than that of most white australians, a fact that doesn't really seem reflected in our statistics.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
short people can't pickpocket you?
Haha.

No, it's because men are (generally speaking) taller, and males are also (generally speaking) less likely to have a purse, and more likely to just lump money in their pocket as loose change.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts