Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a sick 80s Les Paul deluxe on Reverb last night for a really good price, but the past owner had routed it for a triple bladed humbucker (one of these) in the bridge. Tragedy. What else is out there that never caught on because it was too stupid/unnecessary/whatever

The more hilariously bad the better. The Alvarez Dano Scoop better be making an appearance.

·
Likes Kahlers
232 Posts
This. The fact it has not 22 not 24 but 23 frets should just about indicate the level of stupid that went into this thing.

·
Likes Kahlers
232 Posts
I always wondered why they still make those. Are they that different sounding due to the staple pole pieces? who buys them? It always seemed like me to be a silly workaround for getting f spaced pickups.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Gibson's robotuners.
First thing I thought, too.

I'm struggling to think of something else equivalently bad. Gibson's built-in overdrive is pretty dumb, but not quite in the same ballpark. Who was the luthier who advocated drilling holes in the left side of guitars where we started all those left side toan jokes? I guess the Bigsby is pretty bad, too, since it only can do a light vibrato and tuning stability is shit.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
First thing I thought, too.

I'm struggling to think of something else equivalently bad. Gibson's built-in overdrive is pretty dumb, but not quite in the same ballpark. Who was the luthier who advocated drilling holes in the left side of guitars where we started all those left side toan jokes? I guess the Bigsby is pretty bad, too, since it only can do a light vibrato and tuning stability is shit.
Minarik?

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Maybe... Guy was kinda an egotistical douche?

Also, I can't remember what it was called, but that trem blocker which was just a little clip for your trem bar that mounted to the face of your guitar was pretty awful. :lol:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Adam, KNE makes a crabclaw now, you shouldn't have listened to the jokers here, that design had promise, making crab claws is pretty much like printing money.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts