Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Thy Brick of House: Opera/9.80 (S60; SymbOS; Opera Mobi/448; U; en-GB) Presto/2.4.18 Version/10.00)

Perfectly acceptable :agreed:

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
NOT-CAPS WOULD NOT BE ACCEPTABLE FOR A NEW FUCKING IRON MAIDEN SONG! :scream:

altough again: they keep their (younger) tradition to publish (propably) one of the weakest songs in advance. Last record: Benjamin Breeg also turned out (for me) as the weakest song, same as "Wildest Dreams" on Dance Of Death...

Dont get me wrong: I love Maiden more than everything else, and also i already realy like the new song - its not one of the greatest, but the first real chorus (2:55) really made me smile and gave me the first little goosebumps. :metal:

Cant wait for the new record, and seeing the tracklist and the track-lengths...this will be epic. Its almost twice as long as any of the 80s records haha...

·
Read Only
3 Posts
So, now that I've listened to it... the chorus is ok, the first solo is pretty cool, the rest of the 5.5 minutes stinks.

I'll still buy the album, as I'm an IM sucker.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
most of the tracks on A.M.O.L.A.D. were longer than 7 minutes, and imho its their best record since the 80s, and besides the last 2 tracks, i didnt find one of them too long.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So, now that I've listened to it... the chorus is ok, the first solo is pretty cool, the rest of the 5.5 minutes stinks.

I'll still buy the album, as I'm an IM sucker.
Atleast one of the singles they've released on all the post 2000 albums has been a weaker more rockish track.

-Wicker Man
-Wildest Dreams
-Different World

So if this is trend continues I'd say the rest of the record is gonna be really kick ass. Brave New World is one of my favorite maiden albums period (although nowhere near SSOASS) and I think this is gonna be closer in style to it than dance of death or a matter of life and death.

And I can totally relate about being an iron maiden sucker. I've probably spent a good deal over $700 on CDs, shirts, and tickets.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
I dunno if i like it. I'll give it a few more listens, but as it stands, im not feeling it.

most of the tracks on A.M.O.L.A.D. were longer than 7 minutes, and imho its their best record since the 80s, and besides the last 2 tracks, i didnt find one of them too long.
Nah, They haven't topped Brave New World since it came out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts