Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently received my custom order from Warmoth with this nice surprise. The Floyd Rose route has a tear out, painted over and not mentioned with my order. I reached out to Warmoth and spoke with Spike and Jeff. Only solution was offered a 10 day return!!! I live in Australia. Guess it's my last order...
Thought??
See Picture

Forum.jpg

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
That kind of thing can happen, it's just a piece of wood that tore out with the grain line instead of cutting out cleanly. It won't effect anything whatsoever.

That said, Rocka wouldn't accept this :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I wouldn't accept that either, that's bullshit. Someone should have caught it before it was painted over, and Warmoth should be good enough to realize that you're in Australia and can't send it back.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Wouldn't bother me as an end product, though it depends how much I spent on it.

Some money back is totally justified though, should have been sold as a second/blem, with accompanying discount

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Exactly. It wouldn't bother me on the final build as long as it wasn't visible, but the fact that they did it and aren't at least offering him a few bucks back is 100% unacceptable.

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
That kind of thing can happen, it's just a piece of wood that tore out with the grain line instead of cutting out cleanly. It won't effect anything whatsoever.

That said, Rocka wouldn't accept this :lol:
I would definitely point it out, but it doesn't affect the function of the guitar, unlike overbeveled fretends that makes me slip the string off all the time.
Right now I have that particular neck on a guitar I dont pley "shreddy metal" on, it's on my floyded SSS strat mainly used for clean recordings. So string slippage aint a big deal then.

But yeah, he should get a partial refund

Just like I got a partial refund when the Evertune routed Warmoth body I got wasn't fit for an Evertune :lol:

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
And that makes me not want to do business with warmoth, completely unacceptable!

Reminds me of the body I ordered from chris woods and he sent it with a knot on it, It wasnt huge but it was something you should never use or send to a customer without them knowing.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Definitely agree that, whilst it's not effecting the functionality of the guitar in any way, it still warrants a partial refund for shoddy workmanship from a company that charges such high prices thanks to their legacy of reported high quality.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Yeah.. its a question of Professional Pride. These things happen of course, no one is perfect but people cant be expected to pay the same price for a Pristine work when its not. Would you buy a new car with a Scratch on the Paint? Sure as hell doesn't influence the driving in any way, but either you make a nice discount or I want another one.

Not wanting to do a partial refund is a gesture of incorrectness towards the Client. And what is that 10 days thing? 10 days after the client received the good, it can only be it, because it must had taken a lot more than 10 days to ship to Australia. And if they shipped a not Pristine item they even should take care of the Shipping costs. Warmoth is considered Premium parts and they advocate that, so act like it too. This is not a dust grain under the Finish on some "Asian" cheap guitar.

Wasn't there a Warmoth representative some time ago on this forum? He might want to chime in and say something.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
They either should have put the body in their Showcase and made you a new one, or contacted you to let you know about the blemish and offer a discount. To just ship it like that without letting you know is pretty poor.

Is the neck Warmoth as well? Looks like a filled & redrilled hole there, which warrants similar comments to those on the body.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts