Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)metal:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Amazing top and finish. The inlays are a little tacky though.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; Droid Build/FRG83D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

In American dollars it's a bargain at about $24,000

·
Y R U Avoiding Me?
1,403 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)metal:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Amazing top and finish. The inlays are a little tacky though.
It was made for Japan:roll2:

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
I would make some sweet illegal serenades with that guitar...

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, the dice inlays are lame. The seven inlays are tacky, but not as bad as the dice.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Yeah, not as good looking as the PRS sevens at Ikebe. The inlays really damage the possible glory this guitar could have been. :lol:

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Who keeps buying these?

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
I can't believe everyone's bitching about the inlays... and nobody's said anything about that ugly ass heel on the neck?! That's gotta be SO fucking uncomfortable :noplease:

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Yeah this is pretty much what I think when I see most PRS guitars - man it could have been awesome if it were just a little different.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
I can't believe everyone's bitching about the inlays... and nobody's said anything about that ugly ass heel on the neck?! That's gotta be SO fucking uncomfortable :noplease:
Thats the same heel (actually a bit better) as all PRS customs/Standards have man :whrug:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm off to Japan on Friday and will try to call in at the Shibuya store on the weekend if I get time, just to see it in person.

There are always lots of "out there" PRS guitars and the like in the "expensive room" at these type of stores. Usually on sale for about twice the price you could get the same guitar in the US.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
Sweet looking furniture guitar!
:lol:

At $24,000, it starts to get into the Nigel Tufnel "Don't touch it...don't even point at it" territory, doesn't it?

A fancy jazz archtop might be worth that much, given the level of craftsmanship and detail necessary to create a great one. I'm sorry, no solidbody is really worth that much money. It's not like it's hand-carved by elves...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts