21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:shrug:

Buyer beware?
Yeah, I guess. That's the nice thing about stuff like this is that it either gets out pretty quickly so people that would be interested in rooting won't buy it, or it's rooted anyway because people figure out a way around it (Droid X).

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I rely heavily on MG.org for all my news, btw, so thanks for posting this :wub:

[action=Leon]is a T-Mobile user.[/action]

·
with a Shotgun
925 Posts
Newest Google Android Cell Phone Contains Unexpected ?Feature? -- A Malicious Root Kit. | NewAmerica.net

Wow. This has got to be a violation of the DMCA if it actually does this. How can they say it's legal to jailbreak an iPhone, but not root an Android phone? If this shit is allowed to continue, Android will be a fucked up mess in no time.

Android. Neat OS, being fucked up by OEM's and carriers (in the US, Michael :D).
Hehe. Another thread by you about Android getting fucked up if this and that :p

If this and that 2000, if this and that swine flu, if this and that 2012. Right? :)

(Here we go again? Hahaha)

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hehe. Another thread by you about Android getting fucked up if this and that :p

If this and that 2000, if this and that swine flu, if this and that 2012. Right? :)

(Here we go again? Hahaha)
Well it's note-worthy, considering that I like Android as an OS, but don't like what the OEM's and carriers are doing to it. Remember that you don't experience nearly the problems with this sort of thing that we do here, because you're in Europe.

You seem to conveniently forget that whenever you post. Now if Scott's right and it's not a rootkit, that's one thing. But if it's true, and it resets itself to stock after being rooted, that's bullshit. A user should be able to root it if they wish.

I'm not seeing the connection to general paranoia. It's friggin' phones we're talking about here.

·
with a Shotgun
925 Posts
Nah, I didn't forget anything. I haven't really posted anything about it after I understood the differences between the us and europe as I understood why you were complaining.

And no, it's nit just phones, it's sooo much more :p

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
So basically everybody thought it had a rootkit cause of this "bug" that makes the system think it has written the software to the disc, but in fact writes nothing? :rofl: Way to go Cyanogen, I shall put Cyanogen back onto my Nexus now. :hbang:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.