Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just tweaked a bit with "demo cab" and it sounds rather nice actually!

A bit "crunchy" for my own taste, but it's still pretty good. Guess I have to try some other cabs for it.

So, what to expect of this if I buy a couple of cabs to make it full-version?
Anybody else with WOS experience?

Does their own cabs really match a good IR? I think they sound pretty good and I really like the fact that I can visually change the mic position myself without having to wade through tons of IRs.:metal:

EDIT: I bought a few cabs and mixed them together into this! Oooooooh shit isn't this good as hell

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
You should probably just skip to the end, e-mail to tell them that their product is terrible and doesn't do what it's meant to.

·
Read Only
3 Posts
Cool, using it for live?
No using it for tracking demos. My DAW is ancient and would only run the RTAS version, and the latency made it impossible to use for recording. I'm upgrading my DAW in the next few weeks, so I may just switch over to the plugin and sell the pedal.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
It all sounds great. Just track that shit and get the album out already :wub:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
It all sounds great. Just track that shit and get the album out already :wub:
In the end, this. Rocka, just thrash it out. Rust in Piece doesn't have the greatest guitar tones, but it fucking slays. Just go forth and forge metal. It's all good.

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
This plugin is crap too!!!

1. When I save a preset and try to load it onto another channel, it doesn't load the same cabs or settings, like at all!!
2. I think I prefer the sound of IRs honestly after A/Bing more carefully. Something is "not right" in the feel of WOS cabs. I get the right feel with Kemper cabs, and with IRs, but after tryign WOS a while I didn't get that same feel.

So this was another waste of $30

JEFF:
That RedWirez plugin is like $50, is it worth it? I have a coupel of free IR loaders, will it make any difference??

I really wanna try out Rivera Rockcrusher or Suhr Reactive Load

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts

1. When I save a preset and try to load it onto another channel, it doesn't load the same cabs or settings, like at all!!
2. I think I prefer the sound of IRs honestly after A/Bing more carefully. Something is "not right" in the feel of WOS cabs. I get the right feel with Kemper cabs, and with IRs, but after tryign WOS a while I didn't get that same feel.

JEFF:
That RedWirez plugin is like $50, is it worth it? I have a coupel of free IR loaders, will it make any difference??
The preset doesnt work like that... if you only have one cab when saving the preset it will only save that Cab.

What you can do is to either LINK the cabs or press SHIFT and make adjustments in one, it will change both Cabs settings equally.

I bough a WOS Friedman IR because I was curious after having bought the Thermionik Friedman Amp VST (great sounding VSTs by the way and now very cheap) and was disappointed by it... Hard to explain but all their IRs sound like if I had a Cone in my Ear and use it as an amplifier... much prefer the Redwirez IRS and even the Rosen IRs I bought last year, which I totally forgot and loaded them recently and am enjoying them as well.

I reverted back to using Recabinet and rarely I load the WOS VSt... and if you can try this:

Load the same IR on WOS Vst and on another IR Loader and leave everything as Default settings(no High or Low Pass filters etc) ...I can swear they don't sound the same to me... on the WOS they seem to be always a bit more on the Treble side, but sound the same on several other IR Loaders...

·
Banned
21,673 Posts

JEFF:

I really wanna try out Rivera Rockcrusher or Suhr Reactive Load
I have no idea, dude. I've never used their actual IR loader, because I'm fine with what I've got. And the only Redwirez I have are a Marshall cab, and I think a Bogner. The OH Mesa Recto 2x12 for me personally, is the shit. I've got the Rosen and 3 Sigma Recto 2x12 as well, and they're not as good, IMO.
They're so cheap, I'll probably give the Redwirez Mesa cabs a try as well.

·
Obsessed by day glo Green
2,827 Posts
I've found that the BoGreen cab and the Angl Pro V30 are the cabs to get for metal stuff, both awesome. If you're going to buy any, get those two.

·
Obsessed by day glo Green
2,827 Posts
Oh, and I'll add that I've been using the Two Notes Torpedo Studio for 2 years and absolutely love it. One cab with a 57, then same or different one with a 421, adjust phasing, add a bit of overdrive to the speakers and I am literally a very happy dude.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts