Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Backstory: I go to Ottawa every two weeks for band practice, and that's where my brother is living. He does home recording.

After hearing a song on which he did vocals (and holy fuck :eek: my brother is deadly at vocals IMO) I prodded him to let us start our online collaboration. I was staying at his apartment for the weekend, and after a little bit of noodling we got a song cooking. This is the first thing we've ever done together (besides jamming at home), but there will be a lot more of it! Potentially vocals on this as well.

Link:

https://soundcloud.com/thecatmatt/brotherly-jam

Here's a song done entirely by him:

https://soundcloud.com/thecatmatt/johnny-jett-with-vocals

The term "proud" does not do my feelings justice. One day we will have a legit metal band together! :metal:

Feedback welcome!

Note: No idea how to get the soundcloud link to show up as a player - first time posting one!

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
Holy shit man that was wicked.:metal:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man!

I think my favourite part is that a) it exists at all and b) that's the gnarliest solo I've ever played, and that was one take after noodling for about 10 minutes :lol:

I'll probably make him solo on the next one. Then I'll be simultaneously happy and sad about how well it turns out.

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
sounds fudging great Buddha. I love the outro solo too, reeeeally tastfully done :)

it even sounds good on my old Beats buds with no sound in the left ear and the rubber tip missing off the right side :yesway:

if you don't mind me asking, what did you use for the guitar tone?

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Wirelessly posted

That guitar tone is a dillion tele into whatever rig program he uses, amp sim is "hot soldano +" with however he had it dialled in. Cubase verb and delay on the leads afaik. He has it tuned to drop Db.

Tele sounds pretty good!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts