Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I go to one of the local liquor stores tonight, because it's finally starting to turn to Bourbon weather, and I ask the guy how much the Basil Hayden's is. He says "$40 something..." and I'm like "What?!?".

So I take it up to the register and he scans it and says $49.99. $50 for a 1/5 of Basil Hayden's just seems to defeat the purpose of a great overall bourbon for the price. Hell, I'll go for Blanton's if we're going to be going there.

Now, I don't ever remember paying much over $30 for this stuff. When I started drinking it some 6 or 7 years ago, it was only like $25 a bottle, and I could have sworn I was only paying in the low $30's if that last year.

Anyone else encountered this?

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Stupid Motorola Backflip: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; MB300 Build/Blur_Version.0.13.37.MB300.ATT.en.US Flex/P014) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

I saw some on clearance at Bevmo for $20. If I had known that you wanted it, I'm sure I could have smuggled it to you for much cheaper than fifty bucks :lol:

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
I've never seen it lower than... $45?

I don't think BH is great "winter bourbon" anyway; too light. I think of it more as a great refreshing summer whiskey. Get thee some Jefferson's.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've never seen it lower than... $45?

I don't think BH is great "winter bourbon" anyway; too light. I think of it more as a great refreshing summer whiskey. Get thee some Jefferson's.
Think "Florida Winter". It's 64 degrees outside.

Jefferson's is good. I don't think I've met a bourbon I didn't like.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Awesome. :lol:

I consider as low as 50 to be shorts weather, don't really need a jacket above 40 unless you'll be outside for more than 10 minutes.

Michigan winters :hungus:

·
It's not lupus.
1,689 Posts
Awesome. :lol:

I consider as low as 50 to be shorts weather, don't really need a jacket above 40 unless you'll be outside for more than 10 minutes.

Michigan winters :hungus:
I've been known to wear shorts down into the low 40s, and no jacket until it drops below 25 :lol:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Where the hell are you guys paying $50 for a fifth of basil? Jesus Christ :lol:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
$49? Jesus, I thought we had it bad in Mass, but the place I buy it at is like $35 a bottle.

I love Woodford Reserve too, but it's actually a hair cheaper than Basil's here. :yesway:

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
$49? Jesus, I thought we had it bad in Mass, but the place I buy it at is like $35 a bottle.
I know, can you believe it? I really only remember paying around $30 for it last year. You know, it may just have been the store I went to. It's a little mom and pop liquor store up the road.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Damn, I mean, you love to support those guys, but... Not at that sort of a premium.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts