Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw his FB status:
Devin Townsend Damn! I think I got the GP sound out of the AxeFx... one unit as well...not two like the last tour... working on it, super stoked.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
That high gain patch sounds like some shitty Digitech or Line6 floor unit. Completely digital, which is a shame, since his live tone with the Rectos have always been mind-numbingly awesome.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^ Hopefully he'll tire of it soon, before heading back into the studio.

...or, is he only using the AxeFx for live shows?

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
^ Hopefully he'll tire of it soon, before heading back into the studio.

...or, is he only using the AxeFx for live shows?
I think it's mainly a live thing for him, but he'll probably use it in the studio too if he finds use for it there. Hell, he was using Line 6 amp modeling as recently as Ki.

·
Tune It Lower
1,114 Posts
WTF is a GP?

GP = Roland GP-100, his go to effects unit since the beginning. Its been on pretty much everything Devy up until the last couple of albums. Ki was mainly a TimeFactor and ModFactor, Addicted was mostly in the box stuff.

He was using some pretty sweet amps in the studio on parts of Ki, and I'm not sure what Addicted was, but his live tone's sounding great in the videos I've seen so far.
Ki was mainly the custom Budda I believe, Addicted was modelers, primarily ReValver MkIII. Shit sounded great to me, but then I'm not a grumpy old man. :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts