Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided I can somehow find the cash given what will likely be a 24+ month wait, so I got myself onto the Wyn waiting list for a fretless. The best thing about it is that if your turn comes and you have moved on, he's totally cool with it and just goes to the next guy. :) Looking to get a 5 string fretless, ash body with bubinga top and cocobolo board. I'm going to let him pick the neck wood since he's the luthier and all lol

Wyn Guitars

This is the clip that sold me on their fretlesses

http://www.wynguitars.com/abraham-laboriel-test-drives-his-new-wyn/

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Wow, that's absolutely gorgeous.

I'm also ashamed to say I'd never heard of Abraham Laboriel. Just took a look at his Wiki page:

Abraham Laboriel, Sr. (born July 17, 1947) is a Mexican bassist who has played on over 4,000 recordings and soundtracks.
The list of people he's recorded/played for is as impressive as it is varied:

Al Jarreau, George Benson, Alan Silvestri, Alvaro Lopez and Res-Q Band, Alvin Slaughter, Don Felder, Andraé Crouch, Andy Pratt, Andy Summers, Barbra Streisand, Billy Cobham, Carlos Skinfill, Chris Isaak, Christopher Cross, Crystal Lewis, Dave Grusin, Djavan, Dolly Parton, Don Moen, Donald Fagen, Elton John, Engelbert Humperdinck, Freddie Hubbard, Hanson, Herb Alpert, Herbie Hancock, Johnny Hallyday, Keith Green, Kelly Willard, Lalo Schifrin, Larry Carlton, Lee Ritenour, Leo Sayer, Lisa Loeb, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Paul Jackson Jr., Paul Simon, Quincy Jones, Ray Charles, Ron Kenoly, Russ Taff, Stevie Wonder, and Umberto Tozzi.

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Abe Laboriel's son (Abe Jr.) is Paul McCartney's drummer :)

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Looks like A Nordstrand big single in the bass on that clip, hence the tone \m/

Based on how those look, I was expecting the price list to get up into Fodera range, but its around 3500$ for a 6er. Not bad. :yesway:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
That's gorgeous, man.

EDIT - sounds gorgeous, too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts